New Trailer Revealed At Playstation State Of Play

Started by DarthJoker45, Dec 10, 2019, 02:28:49 PM

Author
New Trailer Revealed At Playstation State Of Play (Read 27,749 times)

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Dec 10, 2019, 06:12:41 PM
Especially with a hyper sexualized form that's almost entirely a culturally western idea of femininity.

Nah its natural.

This is pandering at best with no knowledge of biology and sexual dimophisim. Just because something is alien and has a human form, doesn't mean the female counter part has human female features.

Doesn't mean it can't too. Its fiction, they can do whatever they want.

It's just a group of fans who have a sick obsession with the hyper sexualized female form, and think its accurate, even for something that's not real to begin with.

Hyper? lol looks nothing compared to the crazy "fanart" out there. The one in this game just had some femininity gains.

Voodoo Magic

there is zero evidence that the predator species would display sexual dimophisim through the same way mammalian humanoids do.

And there's zero evidence they wouldn't.

QuoteLiked it better when there was still mystery to the predator. Now everything has to be known including what's between their legs...it serves no purpose, none. It's just a group of fans who have a sick obsession with the hyper sexualized female form, and think its accurate, even for something that's not real to begin with.

Hyper sexualized. A bit of an exaggeration isn't that? And the female appears here to be as sexualized as the males.

QuoteBut hey why not keep dragging these movies through the mud with more nonsense like this.... The last two movies were complete jokes. One was a long winded homage to the original and the other a total shitting of the bed in more ways than i care to list. The character died in its pure form after the second movie. What we got now is a fan made idea of the original idea. RIP Predator 1990

I think AVP-Capcom's epic rants have met their match  ;D

DarthWall275

DarthWall275

While I'm still hoping for movie skins, and maybe some from Concrete Jungle, I'll admit those new Predator designs are actually pretty cool.

I wonder how quickly NECA will get in on this XD

brokentusk420

Of course anyone who hasn't actually taken a biology course would result to caveats like, "there's no evidence to not support it" and "Its make believe it can be anything we want"

No that's just your inability to imagine a better way, if nessecary to convey the sexual dimophisim of the species. It's a crap idea to just slap tits on it give it hips and call it a day.

Kailem

Kailem

Another mask from one of the blog screenshots:

That was a great trailer! Way better than the first gameplay reveal, and much more polished. And like Voodoo said, it ticked a lot of boxes! Multiple new weapons including some P2 classics, and the confirmation that we can choose between them, as well as different classes and mask/armour options confirmed! Plus you could tell that was a different map in a few of those shots, not just because of that huge satellite dish but also what looked like some sort of stone building in a few of them that we've never seen before.

I can take or leave the female Predator. I've never been a fan of the idea either since 90% of the time it's just fan wankery that amounts to little more than "Predit0r with BEWBZ!!1!", but at least they didn't go overboard with it here. And that bow is giving me AVP vibes with its ability to pin enemies to walls. I always loved that about those games. It's not a spear gun, but it'll do. ;)

Also it looked like we might well be seeing longer executions as the Predator after all! Some of those spine rips clearly had the Predator's hud on the screen, so they weren't being viewed from the soldier player's perspective like Hicks reported when he played it. So I'm definitely pleased about that too. And yay for controllable smart disc! I wonder what happens if you take damage while using it though, since presumably if you go into first-person to control it you're left standing there and vulnerable. Either way, great to see its inclusion!

The game is also up to pre-order on the Playstation store now too, in regular (£35) and digital deluxe (£50) versions. The digital deluxe extras are listed as:

• PlayStation®-themed Fireteam Camo and Weapons Skin, Predator and Armour Skin.
• PlayStation®-themed Predator Mask War Paint, 48-hour double XP boost and five Field Lockers.
• Early Access to the Battle Hardened Assault Character and Predator Eclipse Mask.
• Predator: Hunters digital comic, dynamic PS4™ theme and digital mini art book.

I'm guessing "Field Lockers" will probably be earnable loot crates with random cosmetics? Either way that's kinda steep, so I'll likely just go for the regular version.

Oh yeah, the one bad thing about this though; the release date. It's good to finally have one, but releasing a week after Cyberpunk 2077, arguably the most anticipated game of next year? Even a week later would have been better. That's really not going to do its sales numbers any favours.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Dec 10, 2019, 06:39:29 PM
Of course anyone who hasn't actually taken a biology course would result to caveats like, "there's no evidence to not support it" and "Its make believe it can be anything we want"

So that's where you draw the line?  You realize the whole first Predator film can be picked appart when it comes to logic; scientific, military and more, right? 

I'd rather have one complain consistently about everything... say like why the Predator can't pick up heat signature of Dutch's core temperature through his unmuddy eyeballs but can pick up heat from hidden rodents or dead scorpions... instead of bringing in inapplicable science to a fictional creature only when it suits one's taste.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Trailer was awesome.

And of course I always have to worry about those dreadful words when a game is announced for PC... 'Epic Games Store Exclusive.'

Shit.

Looks like it's the PS4 version for me.

Also wondering about that 'not actual gameplay' text in the trailer. I assume it just means that little intro bit and not the whole thing?

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

The bow doesn't really feel like it belongs in a Predator arsenal. It's literally an exact copy of a human weapon with some vaguely different aesthetics, which makes it seem like someone couldn't come up with anything inventive and just lazily looked at a book of medieval things they never got around to adapting and went, "Eh, this thing in."

Even us humans improved on it in antiquity with the crossbow and even more automated later ideas. Even 'Van Helsing', back in the early 2000s, did a better job of reflecting improvements over bows than this.

The old 'Cold War' comic did it better: Utilise the spear, itself, as a gun which doubles up to shoot bamboo-length projectiles, indicating a potential for taking down much larger targets.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 10, 2019, 03:47:30 PM
Agreed. Predators resemble human anatomy and this is perfect!

No, it's not. Predators with breasts make zero sense. They just don't have the mouths necessary for it. Those jaws are designed for chewing and lacerating soft tissue. Even if they didn't have the fangs, they don't have the lips required to create a 'curtain' of suction. It's unnecessarily shallow fan-boy service. There's no other reason for it to be in there.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 10, 2019, 07:08:15 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 10, 2019, 03:47:30 PM
Agreed. Predators resemble human anatomy and this is perfect!

No, it's not. Predators with breasts make zero sense. They just don't have the mouths necessary for it. Those jaws are designed for chewing and lacerating soft tissue. Even if they didn't have the fangs, they don't have the lips required to create a 'curtain' of suction. It's unnecessarily shallow fan-boy service. There's no other reason for it to be in there.

Hey, how do you know baby Predators can't suck!  :P  You don't know what's going on deep in the recesses of a baby Predators mouth, if the mandibles grow with maturity like tusks on an Elephant.

Wweyland

Trailer was great and good to hear it's coming to PC.
Was hoping for Steam as well, as I mostly dwell there.

Jesscobb

Ok...I'm agreeing on the female Having breasts....don't look right...
But the trailer looks great.. shame those of us who have Xbox one,can't play!

Voodoo Magic

It's equivalent to the Alien skull or no skull debate!  :laugh:

Kailem

Oh yeah, another thing to note is that if you slow the opening montage right down there's a "press the right stick down to parry" prompt when the Predator is about to melee the soldier. Shades of AVP2010 there.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kailem on Dec 10, 2019, 06:45:10 PM
The game is also up to pre-order on the Playstation store now too, in regular (£35) and digital deluxe (£50) versions. The digital deluxe extras are listed as:

• PlayStation®-themed Fireteam Camo and Weapons Skin, Predator and Armour Skin.
• PlayStation®-themed Predator Mask War Paint, 48-hour double XP boost and five Field Lockers.
• Early Access to the Battle Hardened Assault Character and Predator Eclipse Mask.
• Predator: Hunters digital comic, dynamic PS4™ theme and digital mini art book.

Any indicators if there will be physical copy yet?  I know, I'm old school when it comes to that.

Kailem

Not sure yet, but I hope so. I always prefer to get physical over digital as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed