Predators gross stunted by Eclipse?

Started by Weasel, Jul 12, 2010, 10:43:23 AM

Author
Predators gross stunted by Eclipse? (Read 6,258 times)

Weasel

My town didn't have a midnight premiere and only about 5 showings of Predators during the day. I caught the last one 9:45 and there was only 1 theater showing it. Nearly every theater was for that twilight movie. I luckily caught 2 seats at the top but they had no room and groups of five or more people were at the bottom looking for the spots that they would never find. It was packed and I even heard a guy talk to his manager and say "Yeah its packed, only scattered seating on the front rows".

I think that the movie is getting shafted in some theaters when it could be making a lot more money. At any rate, I don't see why twilight needs to have 10 out of 14 theaters. This movie is a lot bigger than I think most movie theaters assume. What do you guys think?

Lt. Mike Harrigan

I think everything Twilight related needs to disappear from the face of the earth, because it is evil and wrong & taints the minds of our innocent children!

But seriously though, at least we know in our heart of hearts that Twilight is genuinely terrible and that Predators is quite easily the superior film.

Gate

If Eclipse was not out, I guarantee that Predators would be dominating the BO at the moment.

GeorgeCaplin

Quote from: Weasel on Jul 12, 2010, 10:43:23 AM
My town didn't have a midnight premiere and only about 5 showings of Predators during the day. I caught the last one 9:45 and there was only 1 theater showing it. Nearly every theater was for that twilight movie. I luckily caught 2 seats at the top but they had no room and groups of five or more people were at the bottom looking for the spots that they would never find. It was packed and I even heard a guy talk to his manager and say "Yeah its packed, only scattered seating on the front rows".

I think that the movie is getting shafted in some theaters when it could be making a lot more money. At any rate, I don't see why twilight needs to have 10 out of 14 theaters. This movie is a lot bigger than I think most movie theaters assume. What do you guys think?

I think you have a point, however on the Thursday showing I was in the main screen of my local and the attendance was pretty empty for a 8:15 showing, Then the very next day I when to a 11:15pm showing and it had been moved to the smallest screen and was packed to the point arguing started to erupt during the trailers on whose seat was whose.

The pros and cons of releasing the film at the same time as Eclipse are pretty apparent. Pro, you'll get every punter that is female or gay (sorry if I offend) seeing Ecilipse so the you'll be aiming for the remainder of the cinema goers who are male or just aren't into vampire/teenyboper love films, but you'll have to settle for the smaller screens. Though Predators is a big film to me and you, it still really is a cult following for sci-fi and horror fans, and I hate to admit it but really the buying and spending power amongst cinema goers belongs to the female quota.

I'm just glad I managed to see Predators for the first time in the largest screen the first time.

Vulhala

I can't see it harming the Predators gross too badly, as Eclipse has a very different demographic. We may lose one or two very casual viewers who really have no preference which they see, but Predator fans will make sure they see it.

PredalienXenomorph

Face it, the guys are going to Predators and the Girls to Twilight.

Vulhala

Pretty much. Twilight is for a teen audience aswell. Their core fans probably aren't old enough to watch Predators even if they wanted to.

PredalienXenomorph

Twilight targets lonely teenage girls as an audience. Predators targets a larger male audience, but I don't know which one is making more money.

Gate

Predators has been a sequel to a movie who's last movie was roughly a decade ago.

Eclipse is a trilogy that started in 2008. Which do you think has more money?

spinksy

seriously - its exactly the same here!

tge whole cinema is littered in eclipse stuff - posters, merchandise, etc

predators is only showing at odd times and in the smaller screens -  although saying that it seems to be doing ok

as said if it wasnt for eclipse predators would be dominating

Gate

Funny, my town isn't crazed over Eclipse. The Sorcerer's Apprentice, TRON, and Predators are decorating our theater.

Hive Tyrant

Cinemas here are already capitalizing on Inception.

CityHunter666

its about time we gave all the predators a call to kill this Edward Bella twilight shit, imagine how cool it would be wolf CH JH super predators the clan from predator 2 all team up to beat the shit out of these lame vampires, and to put a cherry on top of the cake, Mr black holds Edward down by his foot and makes him watch, has the original predator ripes Bella's spine out, now that I would pay to see, go team predators LOL.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed