Predator 2 appreciation

Started by frasermaxx, Sep 06, 2022, 02:29:00 PM

Author
Predator 2 appreciation (Read 6,214 times)

overthere

overthere

Predator 2 is set in 1997 and I think it's because it was supposed to imply that Predators hunt every 10 years, as the previous hunt was in 1987.
But it was never officially addressed and got forgotten.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: overthere on Sep 15, 2022, 07:14:43 PMPredator 2 is set in 1997 and I think it's because it was supposed to imply that Predators hunt every 10 years, as the previous hunt was in 1987.

2007 nostalgia's at an all time high right now so, I'd definitely take a Predator film set then almost like a period piece now, flip phones and shit.

Yautja888

Yautja888

Quote from: overthere on Sep 15, 2022, 07:14:43 PMPredator 2 is set in 1997 and I think it's because it was supposed to imply that Predators hunt every 10 years, as the previous hunt was in 1987.

I believe it was set in 1984 and 1994 in the scripts,it's safe to think that it was an idea they've got.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Spoiler

[close]

Gieferg

Gieferg

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Sep 07, 2022, 07:12:04 PMAs much as I really enjoy Prey, I'm also still in the camp of Predator 2 being the best sequel. But Prey is very very close up there with the first 2 imo.

Not even close. I consider P1 and P2 to be equally great (and P2 is my favourite) but Prey... quite forgettable if you ask me. It may has something to do with the main character I didnt care for.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Something to do with being basic.

ralfy

ralfy

Predator 2 is OK because it continues the working class/grunt characterization found in not only Predator but even in the first two Alien movies. This is what makes viewers sympathize with protagonists and lead to character development.

You can see that in each of the characters: Harrigan who doesn't want to give up, Danny who's likeable, the pregnant Leona, and Lambert who acts as a comic foil. Reminds you of the characters from the other movies.

Maybe the problem is that some aspects of the story look out of place or probably not even necessary, and that was probably inevitable because the setting (a city with lots of different places and groups) leads to that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed