Sigourney Weaver new thought's on Alien 5

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Jun 02, 2014, 06:59:37 PM

Author
Sigourney Weaver new thought's on Alien 5 (Read 58,957 times)

Lemonade

Dude. Again. I am talking about box office. Terminator 3 is fresh on rotten tomatoes anyway. Alien 3 and 4 and salvation are all rotten.

Please learn how to read.

Kimarhi

lol when what I was saying and what you were saying have to be the same thing

Nobody takes the terminator franchise seriously anymore.  Thanks to time travel and their ability to continually f**k with their own timelines it has evolved into another transformers series instead of what it once was.

Your also not adjusting for inflation because Terminator 2 is the bell cow for the Terminator series if you did and the second place out of EVERY Aliens/AvP/Prometheus/Terminator film would go to Alien. 

The people say that Alien 3 and Terminator Salvation are the same by imdbs rating.  Nobody gives a shit about the critics. 

Tip:  If you want to keep up the toughguy internet persona on an AvP forum, you should probably change your name to douchebag. 

Lemonade

I mean they don't have to be the same thing, but that's typically how a dialogue works.

People take terminator more seriously than alien. Look at the people involved with the new one. Lots of talent. And there are only two bad terminator movies as opposed to four. And at least the terminator movies have good special fx. Alien 3 and 4 look like video games.

Lol tough guy? Since when was wanting to have a discussion the same as being a tough guy? Psycho.

Kimarhi

That's because they were made in the 2000's.  The last Alien movie came out in 97.

There has been lots of talent on every Alien movie without AvP in the title.  Unless you don't think Fincher, Juenet, or Whedon measure up.  Talent doesn't necessarily make a good product.  Otherwise the Yankees would be champions every year.  This harkens back to my original point.  That Terminator series has devolved into silly trash with people thinking no more or less of it than the later Alien films.  I don't even care about the dick waving contest you insist on having with the Alien and Terminator franchises as that wasn't MY original point. 

It'd take a miracle for people to get 5 and 6 back on track as being anything more than Transformers like entertainment.

If you want Transformers Aliens with the crew getting into bigger and badder firefights with bigger and badder and more numerous Aliens then you want what a lot of people want.  Eventually you have to try something new because people will stop paying to see the same thing over and over  The Alien series has already gotten its  try something new experimental sequel out of the way and can retread Aliens in the future if it wants because after Alien 3 and Alien Res a retread of Aliens would be new. 

OpenMaw

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 07, 2014, 12:55:19 AM
To clarify, when I refer to Gibson's script, I mean the second draft. That one had only three aliens.

Oh, okay. I'm still reading through that one.  :)

Elmazalman

Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 07, 2014, 03:09:45 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 07, 2014, 06:59:25 AM
Because Terminator is doing so well these days.

I'm talking about box office. A movie with Alien in the title, or aliens prominently in it, has never grossed Terminator: Salvation numbers.

Terminator is doing far better than Alien anyway. Most franchises are. It's one thing to have one or two misfires in your movie franchise, but when there are four poorly received movies in a row (3, 4, and the AvP's) there is a real, authentic issue. Not to mention, the succeeding spin-off/loose prequel was very divisive (although I love Prometheus).

This franchise struggles to reach its full potential.
Jaws 'franchise' is worse off than Alien's.Dead.

Lemonade

Jaws is not a relevant franchise. Hasn't been a Jaws film in decades. Sorry. Try again later.

whiterabbit

oh oh here's an idea, Jaws meets Aliens! WY scientist bread the most dangerous creature by splicing jaws dna with xeno dan. The purpose of this movie is to show us why the bioweapons department so desperately wanted an alien. So they could create the ultimate summer blockbuster.

You know what an awesome aliens movie would be, having the aliens invade the solar system and the marines trying to halt their progress. When an infection breaks out they go in to mop it up. However everyone knows about it. Or would that be too star ship troopers?

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 07, 2014, 09:33:40 PM
Jaws is not a relevant franchise. Hasn't been a Jaws film in decades. Sorry. Try again later.
*Forwards to Hollywood executive looking for reboot ideas, makes fortune :laugh:

OpenMaw

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jun 07, 2014, 09:39:37 PM
*Forwards to Hollywood executive looking for reboot ideas, makes fortune :laugh:

Oh. You're joking, now. Give it three months and you'll be face palming something fierce.  :laugh:

FiorinaFury161

Spoiler
[close]

KiramidHead

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jun 07, 2014, 09:39:37 PM

Sharknado crossover.  8)

StrangeShape

Not sure about Alien 5, I think at least the franchise is lucky enough to stop and continue as spinoffs, rather than painfully dragging the series on, then ending up as direct to video movie or with a reboot from all the mess created. And to be honest, Im completely not interested in whereabouts of the mutant 8 that Weaver played in Resurrection. Ripley was a great character, mutant 8 was not , for me at least.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Crazy shrimp on Jun 06, 2014, 10:24:30 PM
Quote from: AVP1974 on Jun 06, 2014, 09:59:49 PM
.......maby they could make her the antagonist of the movie. She turns on the humans and like a queen xenemorph she can control the xenomorphs....... ::)

This.  Ripley 8 should mutate further and become an antagonist.

KiramidHead

As I said before, no more super powered Ripley. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed