2 questions to voodoo magic

Started by Billiken, Apr 09, 2022, 11:43:27 AM

Author
2 questions to voodoo magic (Read 1,965 times)

Billiken

Billiken

Hi mate
Watching Predator 2 here in Australia just had subway slaughter. 2 questions. What is Danny boy doing with that device after penthouse scene. Looks like he's pressing it against something??also because we never see Leona's partner when we find out she's pregnant, do you you feel that her and Danny had a fling?? I always felt they did . Thanks

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Billiken on Apr 09, 2022, 11:43:27 AM
Hi mate
Watching Predator 2 here in Australia just had subway slaughter. 2 questions. What is Danny boy doing with that device after penthouse scene. Looks like he's pressing it against something??also because we never see Leona's partner when we find out she's pregnant, do you you feel that her and Danny had a fling?? I always felt they did . Thanks

I like to imagine it was Jerry & Leona's baby!  ;D

But seriously though, Leona was married and celebrating her 28th Birthday at Rays. But that scene was trimmed down so you never got to meet her husband (but you can read his bit in the shooting script we posted on AvPGalaxy, plus see the actor that played him in one of the dvd special edition behind-the-scenes docs) :

Regarding the forensic device he uses in the penthouse, if I recall, it wasn't specified in the script, but Danny moves it over bullet holes in the columns, so I always suspected it captured caliber, trajectory and the like. Futuristic forensics!

I do have the entire shooting schedule for Predator 2 that lists props for every scene (buried away thanks to a recent move) but once I get it out finally, I'll make a mental note to check what they called it.  :)

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 09, 2022, 06:19:51 PM
I like to imagine it was Jerry & Leona's baby!  ;D

I always thought it was Jerry's for years when I first saw Predator 2 on its release.  Then I thought it was Danny's  :D.  I didn't learn about Leona's husband and the scene he was trimmed from until much much later.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 09, 2022, 06:19:51 PM
Regarding the forensic device he uses in the penthouse, if I recall, it wasn't specified in the script, but Danny moves it over bullet holes in the columns, so I always suspected it captured caliber, trajectory and the like. Futuristic forensics!

I do have the entire shooting schedule for Predator 2 that lists props for every scene (buried away thanks to a recent move) but once I get it out finally, I'll make a mental note to check what they called it.  :)

I've also been curious about that device and I'm wondering does the movie novel not have anything about what Danny was doing?  Although I'm leaning towards what you said in the above quote about trajectory, etc.

Kradan

Kradan

#TeamJerry here

Billiken

Billiken

Yeah I feel the way it's edited and directed that it was Danny's kid. Does anyone know if the footage is on YouTube of Stephen Hopkins interrupting Ruben blades on Good morning America

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Billiken on Apr 10, 2022, 09:33:45 PM
Yeah I feel the way it's edited and directed that it was Danny's kid. Does anyone know if the footage is on YouTube of Stephen Hopkins interrupting Ruben blades on Good morning America

I've spent many hours searching for that footage to no avail. I don't think it has ever made it on the internet to this point. And we probably won't see it until ABC makes the archive of those old morning shows available. :-\

Yautja888

Yautja888

Quote from: Billiken on Apr 09, 2022, 11:43:27 AMHi mate

The device captures fingerprints I think.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed