Rebooted: The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Female Version)

Started by Hubbs, Aug 14, 2015, 04:52:55 PM

Author
Rebooted: The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Female Version) (Read 2,225 times)

Hubbs

Oh boy here we go, thank you Mad Max, first Ghostbusters, now possibly this  ::)

http://collider.com/league-of-extraordinary-gentlemen-reboot-female-centric/

Alienseseses

Main character of the comics is a woman, so I'm intrigued. Although I wonder if regendering the whole cast would change things to the point of it not being an adaptation? No problem with that, Penny Dreadful rocks and is essentially League with a different cast, but I wonder to hat extent they're making changes.

Of course, the previous movie was pretty far removed from the source.

OmegaZilla

Alien³

Xenomorphine

Well, they'd have to change the title, that's for sure - at which point, they've partially lost brand recognition.

The Victorian era would be a real stumbling block. There weren't a terribly huge number of female action heroines in literature, back then. Even Mina had to have a retconned history in order to fit in the first (which I sort of liked, but still, if they're going to do that in a wholesale way, they might as well just make it a different series).

Alienseseses

Unless they're really doing genderswapped characters-- female Nemo, female Jekyll/Hyde etc-- which, great. That could be awesome. Change the name, because then it's not really an adaptation and League isn't just an umbrella term for Victorian fiction character team up stories-- but I would watch it.

DaddyYautja

I havent read the League in a long time but i think it was Mina that got the team together, right?
So if they are following that there is no issue.

If they are going to change stuff to making all women then there's an issue.

hfeldhaus

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Aug 15, 2015, 12:58:17 AM
I havent read the League in a long time but i think it was Mina that got the team together, right?
So if they are following that there is no issue.

If they are going to change stuff to making all women then there's an issue.

yes she was. I think it means Mina will be the main character of the film as well as the comic. I wonder if they will put in the Jekyll/invisible man rape seen. Alan Moore is a very disturbed man.

Xenomorphine

That isn't the quote. It's "female-centric" and a mention of "female characters" - plural.

The majority of the characters, if not all of them, would be female.

I would like that in a new project, but it seems pointless here.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Hubbs on Aug 14, 2015, 04:52:55 PM
Oh boy here we go, thank you Mad Max, first Ghostbusters, now possibly this  ::)

http://collider.com/league-of-extraordinary-gentlemen-reboot-female-centric/

Yeah that's right I went there, I said it, I stand by it  ;D
http://www.avclub.com/article/league-extraordinary-gentlemen-reboot-focus-extrao-223871

My problem with this is simply, why limit yourself? I love this franchise, the concept is pure awesomeness dripped in chocolate, love a Victorian styled Avengers team, love it.

There are lots of great characters that can be used here, from the source and otherwise, plenty of characters that could be incorporated...so why on Titan just do a female lineup?? Surely its best to use the best male and female characters, plus...are there even enough period female characters to actually use in this?

All I could think of was Jane (Tarzan), the female lead from John Carter, and the bride of Frankenstein.

On another forum someone suggested...

Alice in Wonderland
Kitty Carroll (the invisible woman)
Janni Dakkar (daughter of Captain Nemo)
Gagool (instead of Allan Quatermain)

These are actually great ideas, love them, but...What exactly would Alice do? You know right now they would make her this innocent little girl on the surface, who turns into a savage martial arts expert (ala Hit-Girl).

Why have Carroll when you can have the original Invisible Man who is simply the better, more well known character.
Why have Janni Dakkar when you can have the original Nemo who is simply the better, more well known character.
Why have Gagool when you can have the original Quatermain who is simply the better, more well known character.

It just feels like they are really limiting themselves for no reason other than to continue this gimmicky trend.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Hubbs on Aug 15, 2015, 03:42:11 AM
All I could think of was Jane (Tarzan), the female lead from John Carter, and the bride of Frankenstein.

Damn that movie would be f**king awesome.

Who wouldn't want to see the Bride of Frankenstein fighting alongside Dejah Thoris and Jane.
Heck throw in Nancy Archer (50ft tall woman) and Countess Marya Zaleska (Dracula's Daughter) and there you
have your new League of Extraordinary Ladies.

;D

Jane (Tarzan)

The Bride of Frankenstein

Dejah Thoris

Nancy Archer (50ft tall woman)

Countess Marya Zaleska (Dracula's Daughter)

Hubbs

Quote from: Alien³ on Aug 15, 2015, 07:10:18 AM
Quote from: Hubbs on Aug 15, 2015, 03:42:11 AM

Damn that movie would be f**king awesome.

Who wouldn't want to see the Bride of Frankenstein fighting alongside Dejah Thoris and Jane.
Heck throw in Nancy Archer (50ft tall woman) and Countess Marya Zaleska (Dracula's Daughter) and there you
have your new League of Extraordinary Ladies.

;D

Jane (Tarzan)
http://pxhst.co/avaxhome/90/79/001e7990_medium.jpeg

The Bride of Frankenstein

Dejah Thoris

Nancy Archer (50ft tall woman)
http://40.media.tumblr.com/4b7edb1b2f1fa90b1f562a02c12c567e/tumblr_mjmcdjGcEh1qjc34bo1_500.jpg

Countess Marya Zaleska (Dracula's Daughter)
http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/images/P-473-488-90/67/6720/SHMA100Z/posters/dracula-s-daughter-gloria-holden-1936.jpg

You can't have Drac's daughter and Mina, too much Dracula stuff.

Wouldn't the 50ft tall woman just crush everyone really easily?

Alien³

Did I list Mina? ::)

...and you're right, the 50 Ft woman would be very powerful. The fact you asked means you're already interested to see how it would play out. :-*

Damn I wish this were a thing with this line up.

chrisr232007

How would they handle them all pms-in, sorry tipsy here

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed