What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 546,302 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Karma, probably

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Anyone else ever have Windows 10 do one of their lovely un-notified, forced update-downloads while mobile hotspotting and it steal all your data?

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 04, 2022, 01:30:48 PMAnyone else ever have Windows 10 do one of their lovely un-notified, forced update-downloads while mobile hotspotting and it steal all your data?

I have updates disabled and it still updates and as you said unnotified and forced  >:( And with each update, my computer gets slower and slower.  I'm thinking of going back to Linux (Ubuntu)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 04, 2022, 01:30:48 PMAnyone else ever have Windows 10 do one of their lovely un-notified, forced update-downloads while mobile hotspotting and it steal all your data?
Shit like this is why I never upgraded to 10.

Windows 7 ftw :laugh:

Kradan

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Go to settings security/updates. Set to pause updates and then go to advanced settings. Set the date of the month for when you want the updates to resume. This will give you full control over updates.

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jun 04, 2022, 08:03:31 PMI have updates disabled and it stil updates and as you said unnotified and forced  >:( And with each update, my computer gets slower and slower.  I'm thinking of going back to Linux (Ubuntu)

You have to do it the way I desribed above. If you don't want any more updates, you will need to do that process once a month as you can only defer the updates for 30 days at a time.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 07, 2022, 09:30:35 AM
Shit like this is why I never upgraded to 10.

Windows 7 ftw :laugh:

Had no choice, this laptop came with 10.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 07, 2022, 11:56:48 AM

Go to settings security/updates. Set to pause updates and then go to advanced settings. Set the date of the month for when you want the updates to resume. This will give you full control over updates.

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jun 04, 2022, 08:03:31 PMI have updates disabled and it stil updates and as you said unnotified and forced  >:( And with each update, my computer gets slower and slower.  I'm thinking of going back to Linux (Ubuntu)

You have to do it the way I desribed above. If you don't want any more updates, you will need to do that process once a month as you can only defer the updates for 30 days at a time.

This is actually really useful, thanks.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Living three doors down from a meth dealer that the cops know about but refuse to shut down.

SiL

SiL

How y'all doing with this inflation we're enjoying...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Filled up my car the other day, and despite already having a third of a tank it cost me almost £60.

Not that long ago it would've cost me £40 to brim it from empty.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: SiL on Jun 16, 2022, 06:52:57 AMHow y'all doing with this inflation we're enjoying...

How are your in-laws doing? I've seen some really crazy inflation stories coming from Russia.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 16, 2022, 08:19:35 AMFilled up my car the other day, and despite already having a third of a tank it cost me almost £60.

Not that long ago it would've cost me £40 to brim it from empty.

And it wouldn't even be this bad if people hadn't gone and done all that panic buying whenever that Shell panic came around. The prices never came down after that, and it's only gotten worse since. When are we rioting about this? 

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

So long as we're rioting locally because I can't afford to drive and meet up anywhere.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

But what will you be rioting for? A return to lockdown so that petrol demand and prices can drop again? Demand that parliament make friends with Russia again in order to import Russian oil?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

See previous comment about foolish panic buying before any of this that drove prices up and never dropped back down. I think it was September time last year. The prices wouldn't be as high currently if not for that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed