No Stupid Questions Thread

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Apr 27, 2020, 09:22:18 PM

Author
No Stupid Questions Thread (Read 23,665 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I guess that's why email was invented. :/

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Kradan, you are now aware of pigeon bombs:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Pigeon

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 20, 2022, 04:00:47 PM
You can shame me for not knowing the name of a painting not for not knowing how pigeon mail works  :P

But what if pigeon for some reason gets lost, what if it, for example, gets struck by a lightning ? Or gets eaten (I'd imagine it would have to take some breaks during which it would be vulnerable to predators) ? And there's no way of knowing whether or not your pigeon reached its destination. What if decision on whether or not to start a war depends on that bloody bird ? Kinda unreliable if you ask me

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 20, 2022, 04:15:59 PM

I don't know about you guys but I just attach messages to bricks then throw them though windows.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Based.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jan 21, 2022, 01:26:35 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Jan 20, 2022, 04:00:47 PM
You can shame me for not knowing the name of a painting not for not knowing how pigeon mail works  :P

But what if pigeon for some reason gets lost, what if it, for example, gets struck by a lightning ? Or gets eaten (I'd imagine it would have to take some breaks during which it would be vulnerable to predators) ? And there's no way of knowing whether or not your pigeon reached its destination. What if decision on whether or not to start a war depends on that bloody bird ? Kinda unreliable if you ask me

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 20, 2022, 04:15:59 PM

I don't know about you guys but I just attach messages to bricks then throw them though windows.

:D

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Do you think we have ever been visited by space aliens or that we will be visited by them in the future?

Damn... Do you think there are space aliens at all?

Kradan

Kradan

I think Universe is a pretty big place so by the sheer chance there's gotta be life on some other planets. It'll probably be nothing like we can imagine or comprehend though. Probably we won't even recognise it as being alive if we'll be lucky enough to stumble upon it

Have aliens visited us or will they ever do ? Hell, if I know

Wysps

Wysps

That's kind of how I feel.  There may very well be other life out there, but it would be so different from us that we wouldn't be able to have any sort of meaningful interaction with it. 

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Turkeys must be the most misnamed bird on the planet.

Apparently the story was, Columbus and his chums brought back a few of the strange new birds from the newly discovered Americas (their native range). At the time, there were some Turkish merchants hanging around the Spanish harbours who bought the birds and then sailed to England to sell them there. The English merchants naturally assumed the birds came from Turkey and so simply named them "turkeys".

Yeah, you learn something new everyday.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Didn't Ridley make that movie already ???

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 31, 2022, 10:31:04 PM
I think Universe is a pretty big place so by the sheer chance there's gotta be life on some other planets. It'll probably be nothing like we can imagine or comprehend though. Probably we won't even recognise it as being alive if we'll be lucky enough to stumble upon it

Have aliens visited us or will they ever do ? Hell, if I know

Quote from: Wysps on Jan 31, 2022, 11:35:12 PM
That's kind of how I feel.  There may very well be other life out there, but it would be so different from us that we wouldn't be able to have any sort of meaningful interaction with it.

Praise Sol 🙏 I mean we fantasize a lot about space aliens and maybe we couldn't even recognize them if we had them in front of us. Even if we think of intelligent space aliens...how do we know if they communicate by radio waves. Maybe they're already sending messages, we just can't detect them and the radio waves aren't the channel.

There is also the possibility that they were born, developed and died long ago. Maybe we will be the next. 🙈

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah, 1492, although it didn't focus on turkeys, it seems to be considered one of Ridley's turkeys.

Kradan

Kradan

Shouldn't have Superman's yell after snapping Zod's neck awakened Motherboxes ?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'm guessing his death yell is just on another level.

Kradan

Kradan

Ok

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Good lad.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed