Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 486,057 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Started the two big new British terrestrial TV dramas.

They've made a big fuss about Trigger Point being done by the same people as Line of Duty, but I thought the first episode was frankly embarrassing. Over-the-top to the point of being stupid, surprisingly naff acting, a concluding "shock" plot twist that was visible from a mile off, and when even a layman like me knows the bomb disposal "expert" shouldn't be trying to flick light switches around a bomb, there's clearly been an intelligence breakdown in the writing department.

On the other hand, The Responder was excellent. The dark comedy was spot on and Martin Freeman was fantastic in the lead role - he's long since proven himself as a great actor but this might be the best I've ever seen him. A real tour de force performance.

Stitch

Stitch

Finally getting round to The Expanse. Watched the first season a while back, but never got any further. Might as well catch up while I have covid.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Stitch on Jan 25, 2022, 11:05:28 AM
Finally getting round to The Expanse. Watched the first season a while back, but never got any further. Might as well catch up while I have covid.

Firstly mate - all the best on the recovery from the bug.
Secondly persist with the Expanse. The payoff IMO is very good. Thoroughly enjoyed all 6 seasons.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 25, 2022, 09:32:54 AM
Started the two big new British terrestrial TV dramas.

They've made a big fuss about Trigger Point being done by the same people as Line of Duty, but I thought the first episode was frankly embarrassing. Over-the-top to the point of being stupid, surprisingly naff acting, a concluding "shock" plot twist that was visible from a mile off, and when even a layman like me knows the bomb disposal "expert" shouldn't be trying to flick light switches around a bomb, there's clearly been an intelligence breakdown in the writing department.

On the other hand, The Responder was excellent. The dark comedy was spot on and Martin Freeman was fantastic in the lead role - he's long since proven himself as a great actor but this might be the best I've ever seen him. A real tour de force performance.

Quite keen to see the Responder. Big fan of Warren Brown and I'm keen to hear Freeman do a Scouse accent too.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Prez on Jan 26, 2022, 09:25:59 AM
Quote from: Stitch on Jan 25, 2022, 11:05:28 AM

Firstly mate - all the best on the recovery from the bug.
Secondly persist with the Expanse. The payoff IMO is very good. Thoroughly enjoyed all 6 seasons.

Cheers. Halfway through S2 right now. Lots to take in when you're feeling kinda crappy!

Currently also watching The Terror with my girlfriend. Heard it was OK. It's decent, although the audio mix is a little odd, and we're watching with subtitles because sometimes you can't hear people's dialogue.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

The Book of Boba Fett - Chapter 5:
Spoiler
Return of the Mandalorian

Totally focused on Din Djarin. I loved it. 8)

It looked more expensive and superior in quality. There was even a ring-like space habitat, similar to the designs that space engineers brings as a theoretical possible piece of space architecture. Also like in Halo games.  :laugh:

[close]

Jordan Peelee's The Twilight Zone - S1E7: Not All Men

A critique to toxic masculinity, but at the same time it was like Mutant Fifield the movie  :laugh:

Prez

Prez

War of the Worlds - Season 2 binge.
Spoiler
I originally gave up initially after the first episode mainly because I felt the Aliens being human was boring but persisted and was pleasantly surprised with the rather dark victory ending. Gabriel Bryne is always excellent and brings real gravitas to his performances. The young kid who played the sociopathic Sascha was great - I really hated his character so much. Hahaha.
[close]

Book of Boba Fett Episode 5 - now we're cooking.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Creepshow from Shudder.

What I watched of the first season was pretty average, but I checked out some episodes of the 2nd and 3rd seasons and it seems much improved. Still low budget horror anthology fun but it seems to have hit its stride.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: RidgeTop on Feb 01, 2022, 08:23:58 AM
Creepshow from Shudder.

What I watched of the first season was pretty average, but I checked out some episodes of the 2nd and 3rd seasons and it seems much improved. Still low budget horror anthology fun but it seems to have hit its stride.
I like it. Modern successor to Tales from the Crypt.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Frankenstein Chronicles S1 E1-4

Very fun stuff so far.

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

The Leftovers Season 1...

... I'm conflicted on this show because there's some great characters and the overall story itself, good...but after a whole season I still don't know wtf is going on ha.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Just started Raised by Wolves S2

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Gentleman Death on Feb 06, 2022, 10:05:35 PM
The Leftovers Season 1...

... I'm conflicted on this show because there's some great characters and the overall story itself, good...but after a whole season I still don't know wtf is going on ha.
That's kinda why I stopped watching. Got a few episodes in and I couldn't work out if I wanted to watch the next one. So I didn't.

Currently halfway through season 3 of The Expanse. It's decent, and finally seems to be starting another story. I'm probably going to finish the series within a few days.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Penny Dreadful S1 E1-5

Overall really great, but I have to wonder who made the call to dress Dorian Gray like a reject from Queen of the Damned... the nu metal movie version. :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Frankenstein Chronicles S1 E5-6

So that got nuts by the end.

Spoiler
Sean Bean dies (as per usual), but gets Frankensteined back to life.
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Penny Dreadful S1 E6-8

The first season is the shit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed