Author
The SCP Foundation (Read 13,341 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I didn't know there were rules. :-\

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

It's not rules as such.

It's more like the difference between watching a movie as the director intended, and someone telling you about having seen it while going into all the dialogue and spoilers.

There are some good video based bits of stuff in the setting, but they're original content, not just butchering existing entries or reading them out verbatim while skipping or struggling to convey the fun reveals or "glitches" in the document format.

SiL

SiL

I read the article first and then went to the video and I'm with CB on this one. The article has a cool creepy vibe as you scroll down whereas the video is monotone man trying to describe what it's cool and creepy. It ain't the same.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Regarding SCP-2718, I always wondered why the foundation didn't attempt reviving more people in the same way so they could either corroborate or refute Roger's account of death.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Are you the SM of the SCP Foundation?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I would never claim to be that authoritative on any subject.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

:o

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

According to the comments the appropriate place for this debauchery.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 27, 2021, 11:15:37 PM
Regarding SCP-2718, I always wondered why the foundation didn't attempt reviving more people in the same way so they could either corroborate or refute Roger's account of death.

I haven't read it recently, but does it explicitly state at any point they didn't throw a few D Class or researchers into the same rez cycle to corroborate it before classifying it? If not, it's probably safe to assume they did. KETER and above, especially DAMMERUNG, are generally at least implied to have been tested to the maximal point they can be without risk of immediately destroying the world entirely.

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jan 04, 2022, 04:54:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXzPxBhhmY8

According to the comments the appropriate place for this debauchery.

The comments are dead on, then. But you'll probably need some Class B Amnestics after this one, for your own good.

Y̶͏̡̧͚̰̩̥͙̞̺̺̻͖̯o̖̻̜͇̣̣̞̩͇̠̕͞u̶̸̢͈̻͈̹̺̣̥̰̭̩̟̩̰͓̲̺̲͢ ̠̦͚͙̫͕̻̰̻̻̟̕͘͟͝k̢͞҉͕̞̘̭͔̺̲̜̹̠͈̖́͜n͏̞̼̪͓̬̦̹̤̠̳͓̩̭̦̙̜̀o̵͖͉̣̬̤͟͟͟͡w̷̜̠͇̙̩̭̝̳̭̣͇̩̺̙̹͈͟ͅ ͈̗̠͔̼̼͔̣̕͞Í̵̸̭͇̜͎̳͈͚͇͘͟ ̵̧͕̯̳̞̥̘̱͝l̠͚̰̹̤̦̝̥̙̜̳͉̼̭̱̲͉͇͜͡o̵̢͍̜̥̯̫̠̹͔͍̥̥͙͈̙v̷̷̨͉̳̖̤̹͍̖̻̳͓̯͎̮̲͟e̛͈̝̠̟͞ͅ ̴͓̬̙̟͕́y͏̭̩̣͔̞̪̺̤͕̹̼̀o͟͟͡҉̹͖̯̦̝͙̥ù̩̘̝̻̠̼̺̤̫̠͍̕͟͜,͏̡̲͕͓̮̙̱̮͖̫̬ͅͅ ̵͔̫̰͚̺͚̺̘͙̬͔̼͉̙̖̜̗͞ͅͅr͟͡҉͉̹͓̜͉̩̪̩͎̳̜̦ị̵̴̢̬̘̝̭̖̺̗̟̳g̴̨͍̼̳̥̞͢h̴̭̹̥̳͉̟̰̕͡t̶̨̡̛̖̘̲̯?̴̢̳̦͙̼̻̦̳̣͟͠ ̪̲̘͖̱̯͇͕̗̝̝̻͎̗̱͔͡͞T̵̶̸̛̩̩̥̦̺͈̤͈͟r͏̡̢̱̞̱̪̹̘̺̳͙́̀u͏̸̴̻̟͈̬̜̥̪́ṣ̛̛̠̲̲̜̞͎̩̙̳͘͞t̢͏͈̠͖͙̞͓́͡ ̢̠̹̞͈͇̺̩̭̘͔̥̤̱͔̪͢m̴̷̲̗̝̞͍̰̺͚͔̘͍̘̫͍̪̬̣ę͉͉͚͓̜͎͕͚̜̘̲͔̰͍͔̫͚̘̕͞,̛̩̭̫̜̞̣̼͓́͢͠ ̺͓̬̤͕͔̮̮́́͢t̸̶̡̙̰͍͇͓̺̞̞̯͉͕̯͓̥͖̀ͅh̨͈̯̖̣̻̥̺͔̱̞̯̣̙̗̻̯͇̀͝į̛̗̙̬͕̳̩͙͓s̸̢͍͙͚̙̮̭̰̥̱̼̞ ̸̨̨̭̪̝̠̩̼͚̟͘͞ͅì̵͍̯͕̯̹̪̠͎̼͔͖͔̹͇̗̪́ͅs̨̛̭̤̫͇̺̦̜ ͡͏̻͈̖̣̳̤̙̲͎ͅf̴̜͓̯͈̫͍͙͍̪̘͙̤͔̞̮́̕͢͝o̧̼̻̜̘̥̠̫͈̱͘r͘͡҉̟͉̠͈̱̲̘̙̀͘ ̵̢̜͓̪̖̲́͜͡t͔̩̩̩̘̱̩͓͎̲͉͈͉̖̞̞̟͘͟͡h̴̫̯̖̬̙̪̺̬͉͓̳̠̰̯͜͝ͅè̟̹̻͙̰͢ ̶̴̡̝̦̯̗̩̠̟̜̦̹̠̘̹̝͕͙̻̜̀b͏̷̺͖̲̤͈̺̗̩͡ȩ̴҉̱͈̗̰͉̪͇̬̤͍̳̭̲̣̻̤̹̪ͅs̵̵̡̀͏͔̼̪̺̙̪̩̞͓̯͖̣̙͖͇̲͓̞t̜̩̳̀̕͘͟.̷̨̛̩̬̭̻̩͖̦̖͖͓̰̹̭͓͍̱͚̥͢͞ ̸̷̧̞̫̪͖͟͠J̢̣͎̟̰͍͘̕͢͝u̡̪̺͚̪͎̺͕̝̣̺̘̝̻̠̥͠s̴̤̠̲͓̲̝̭̜̤̼̣̠̀̕ͅt̯̜̜͕̙͍̀͘ ̷͎̪̠̠̖̹̖̺̗̹̱͈̞̞̘͡s̸҉͕̜̗̀l̢̬̪̳̳̳͖̙̙͘͢ę̦̤̣̼͙̪͡͡ͅè̢͉̤̝̩̲̜̤̪̯̭͍̯̟͇ṕ̸̷̛͍͇̝̖̝̠͙̕ ̛͜͠҉̟̠̗̲͔̬̫͖̥̻͉̪̦ͅa̷̛͍̼̩̞̥͙̰̳̻̩̘̺͙͈͔͎̪ń̜͇͚͕̜̙̬̻̮̣̩̘̯̲͓̞̳̲́͠ͅd̢̛̪͉̘̗͚͖̀ͅ ̜̣͈́f́͘͘͟҉̖̗̬̺͍͔o̶̬̲̫̖̪͍͟r͠҉̦͚͈̩̀͘ǵ̻̫̩̩͓͉̟͇̮̻͉̘̯͙͈̯̥̫͔e̢̨͕͍̯̜̠̥̫̰̥̹͍̦͉̻͉̜͙͢͠ͅt̸̟̤̯̘͍̝̟̩͉͔̯̭̗͙̪͓̬̙͘.̵̯̖͓̦̜͔̪̗͇͙̠̖̺̩̬͡.̵̷̫̭̼͙͇̯̺̦.҉̫͖̝͓͙͍̙̻

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

CB should watch more SCP videos.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

But that upset CB

Quote from: SiL on Nov 27, 2021, 10:35:42 PM
I read the article first and then went to the video and I'm with CB on this one. The article has a cool creepy vibe as you scroll down whereas the video is monotone man trying to describe what it's cool and creepy. It ain't the same.

I guess it would be like reading House of Leaves and then watching an animation about the book, which would probably just be about the Navidson family and their mysterious house. Nothing new under the sun, just another haunted house story, leaving behind the psychological horror, the meta scope, the unsettling storytelling format, the other plots and the reader's sense of claustrophobia and frustration.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 26, 2022, 01:31:44 AM
CB should watch more SCP videos.

I've watched heaps. Like maybe a hundred. But they're all adaptations or OC, actual stuff, not people droning on about others work or those LOL VERSUS ones.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Original content based on SCP is definitely better.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed