AvPGalaxy Forums

The Forum => Site & Forum Feedback => Topic started by: Rankles75 on Jun 09, 2020, 06:47:52 PM

Title: Embedding tweets
Post by: Rankles75 on Jun 09, 2020, 06:47:52 PM
Is there any way to embed tweets in posts, or any plans to make it possible if not?
Title: Re: Embedding tweets
Post by: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 09, 2020, 07:30:54 PM
Like this you mean?

https://twitter.com/avpgalaxy/status/1268917847180353538 (https://twitter.com/avpgalaxy/status/1268917847180353538)
Title: Re: Embedding tweets
Post by: Rankles75 on Jun 09, 2020, 07:42:24 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 09, 2020, 07:30:54 PM
Like this you mean?

https://twitter.com/avpgalaxy/status/1268917847180353538 (https://twitter.com/avpgalaxy/status/1268917847180353538)

So the tweet appears in the post, instead of just the link. Most forums I use have this option, but I haven't found a way to do it on here.
Title: Re: Embedding tweets
Post by: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 09, 2020, 07:45:44 PM
It appears for me. The link is shown below the embedded tweet.

Are you using a phone or a PC?
Title: Re: Embedding tweets
Post by: Darkness on Jun 09, 2020, 08:20:11 PM
There is a bug with it. I know Hicks tends to put.?s at the end which causes it to not embed. It has to be a clean link with the tweet number at the end.
Title: Re: Embedding tweets
Post by: Rankles75 on Jun 09, 2020, 08:44:15 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 09, 2020, 07:45:44 PM
It appears for me. The link is shown below the embedded tweet.

Are you using a phone or a PC?

Phone. Might explain it then, although it's not an issue on other forums strangely...  ???
Title: Re: Embedding tweets
Post by: Corporal Hicks on Jun 10, 2020, 06:53:22 AM
Quote from: Darkness on Jun 09, 2020, 08:20:11 PM
There is a bug with it. I know Hicks tends to put.?s at the end which causes it to not embed. It has to be a clean link with the tweet number at the end.

I tend to embed them using our admin tags, rather than the inbuilt thing. They actually show for me that way.