Colonial Marines in PC Gamer

Started by ikarop, Jul 02, 2011, 02:48:06 PM

Author
Colonial Marines in PC Gamer (Read 29,806 times)

Effectz

Effectz

What i dont understand is how did the Orbital Nuke of LV-426 go horribly wrong?It went ''Bang'' Didn't it.Even the Nostromo,i hope they tell this story well.After Duke Nukem im gonna be a skeptic,not putting all my eggs in one basket.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Oh damn Predxeno's gonna shit himself when he reads that article.
There have been dozens of aliens tie in novels and comics, but none of them have been considered canon. 20th century fox, owners of the series, haven't decided if Colonial Marines will be, but Randy says they're open to it.

My fears about the crusher have subsided a little after seeing that pic. It doesn't look as bad as I feared.

Xhan

Xhan

Funny that how it looks is apparently all that matters...

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Effectz on Jul 03, 2011, 01:56:45 PM
What i dont understand is how did the Orbital Nuke of LV-426 go horribly wrong?It went ''Bang'' Didn't it.Even the Nostromo,i hope they tell this story well.After Duke Nukem im gonna be a skeptic,not putting all my eggs in one basket.

There was no orbital nuke.

Griffith

Griffith

Quote from: Vertigo on Jul 03, 2011, 08:41:25 AM
Did we already know about the contracting of Syd Mead to design the interiors, and the hiring of two Battlestar Galactica senior writers? And apparently there will be gameplay systems to represent every bit of equipment we see the marines using in Aliens. Combine that with a pretty engine which looks nothing like Unreal Tech 3, and it sounds like a seriously promising title...

About syd mead designing the interiors let's remember that it was Ron Cobb who designed almost all the iconic shapes and structures that defined the alien Tech universe corridors, airlocks, operations, medlab, etc. I like syd mead designs but  i feel he is too domotic, let's hope that his designs fits well into de franchise

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 03, 2011, 05:53:16 PM

People seem to forget this because of the exchange of lines between Ripley, Hicks and Burke. "Nuke the site from orbit. Its the only way to be sure"

Obviously a orbital nuke would have been more effective than the reactor malfunctioning, but for the sake of this game, Ripley and company didn't think of that.

For the purpose of the game, the reactor's explosion still would have killed all humans at the colony but who knows about the Xenos.

JayHy17

JayHy17

God damn this game looks good!

SpreadEagleBeagle

Looks awesome, smells rank...

DragonBossk

DragonBossk

QuoteError: There was no Alien: Resurrection

*Claps slowly*

Well done gearbox, well done.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Quote from: Effectz on Jul 02, 2011, 07:23:59 PM
looks like a fat preatorian

but with turd Alien 3 colors so it's new.

And if it isn't a Praetorian, honestly hope this game doesn't go into cheesy Aliens arcade territory in this atmosphere.

ikarop

ikarop

Digital version of the cover for anyone interested:

Effectz

Effectz

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Jul 03, 2011, 07:27:26 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 03, 2011, 05:53:16 PM

People seem to forget this because of the exchange of lines between Ripley, Hicks and Burke. "Nuke the site from orbit. Its the only way to be sure"

Obviously a orbital nuke would have been more effective than the reactor malfunctioning, but for the sake of this game, Ripley and company didn't think of that.

For the purpose of the game, the reactor's explosion still would have killed all humans at the colony but who knows about the Xenos.

Yea my mistake,had a brain fart there.But if the Reactor blew up how would handleys hope be still standing,Guess only time will tell.

D.R.

D.R.

Jeeze, why do the aliens have to be so small?

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

The Xenomorphs are not small. In the cover of the PC Gamer Mag, the Xeno jumping could easily have its legs down and not be jumping and still be at least a head taller than Winter who I will assume is 6 ft - 6 ft 2 in. Now that would make the Xeno 7 ft - 7 ft 2 in. Still 4-6 inches short of the minimum height.

locusta

locusta

P.B. is right. Arm length and especially head shape tells the f**k up.

Not sure why nobody sees the ALIENS anymore in right sizes. Just look at the ALIENS hero puppet and somebody in charge should get a feeling for proportions....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed