New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 118,156 times)

Xiggz456

f**k yes! Great news! Indigenous people vs Predator sounds right up my alley considering "Big Game" is my favorite EU story! I'm so hyped! Also guessing that the success of Hunting Grounds helped get this green lit.

Drukathi

Quote from: Tangakkai on Nov 21, 2020, 10:23:34 AM
1. It's a female protagonist as a warrior, Disney will LOVE that and make no mistake, this is the reason the movie got greenlit. Also, keep in mind, there is precedent for female comanche warriors and scouts.

I like a films with heroines like Ellen Ripley, Sarah Connor, Laurie Strode, Jyn Erso.
But this confuses me:
Quoteagainst gender norms and traditions

It looks like this is another agenda-exploitation film. Although Disney is very neat in this matter. I really like Rouge-One and don't see any aggressive agenda in SW8-9, but FOX...

TheBody

I have a title for you to call this movie. It is, wait for it, Pocahontas Vs Predator !

Huntsman

Quote from: seattle24 on Nov 21, 2020, 10:45:46 AM
Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Nov 21, 2020, 09:04:25 AM
Okay whatever what's the Alien thing?

;D ;D

A couple of news stories broke yesterday about Sigourney Weaver returning. Their source was a Hollywood insider on twitter.... hopefully we hear something imminently. TV series or an Alien Isolation adaptation-of-sorts would be my dream announcement.
Sigourney returning would be a big deal. Really, really hoping this is legitimate.

Drukathi

Quote from: Huntsman on Nov 21, 2020, 12:11:50 PM
Sigourney returning would be a big deal. Really, really hoping this is Alien 3 retcon.

Agree.

Whiskeybrewer

Predator 5? well guess my ideas are on the back burner again lol

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 21, 2020, 06:56:39 AM
Did it get you to see the movie?
No. By the time I realised what it was I couldn't really be bothered to check it out in cinemas. I felt that hiding what it was for so long and pulling it out so late as a Blair Witch movie indicated they didn't have too much faith in the "franchise" and were relying on the surprise of the late reveal to push word of mouth.

And considering how underwhelming the film was for me, I feel I was right to be weary based on how it was marketed.

xxx

Why just don't let the franchise peacefully die with the little dignity it might still have...

skhellter

Glad that most people are open to the idea of a woman leading a Predator movie.

To the people that aren't: Get a life.

Highland

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 21, 2020, 04:23:48 AM
With them going back to the past in this, I feel like emphasis on a shared universe is the last thing on their minds. No bigger plan, no elaborate world-building, no AVP nonsense. Just a story about a Predator on a hunt.

Which is a good start, in my opinion. Now it is just a matter of whether the movie is actually any good.

Whilst I do agree, Im sure that was the blue print for all the other shockers we've had.

I think you can still have your predator on a hunt movie. Just give me a little indication you're not going to blow your load and we are back in the same spot we are every 4 years.

Keyes

Always down for a new PREDATOR movie, though I wasn't sure what to make of the reported story line at first. I always like my favourite franchises to move forward with their timeline personally.

Now I've had time to let it sink in, I think this could be a good thing.

From a marketing standpoint, having a Predator film set in the past, tribal human characters, and female protagonist will stand out from the norm and grab attention. Add to that a director of a film I like very much, and this could be pretty cool.

Now, what's this about Alien?! ;D

Mick

I think Disney saw that despite the failure of the Shane Black movie, the Predator character still remains relevant in pop culture, and so they decided to try it again, thinking maybe of another AvP in the future.
I think this is Predator's last chance. Another failure and it's over. If the trailers and the story convince me until the launch, I will also give this last chance.

George

99% of people who watched the Shane Black Predator hated it. Some considered it as one of the worst films they have ever seen in their lives. And this film is recent and is still very much alive in people's memories. I don't know if they will be able to convince the public to go see another Predator movie after that. Even if the new one is a good film I think it will have a very weak box office. What reminds me of Judge Dredd's last film

Original pre

Great more crap!

The Shuriken

Ya know...i know it looks as though we have the plot all figured out. But we still don't have true confirmation. Is it at all possible the Skulls movie is just a separate project?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed