Ridley Scott & Damon Lindelof to screen PROMETHEUS footage at WonderCon.

Started by El Diablo, Mar 07, 2012, 12:33:06 AM

Author
Ridley Scott & Damon Lindelof to screen PROMETHEUS footage at WonderCon. (Read 27,623 times)

T Dog

Now I don't want this to turn into a huge debate like it has before, I'm not trying to open a can of worms andI don't know if people will agree with me here, but I think that Christopher Nolan has proved that you can make an intelligent movie with an adult tone that can also be suitable for a younger audience.
Tone wise I think The Dark Knight and Inception are for adults. They don't have swearing and graphic violence but they are still decent. The Dark Knight has some problems with it's story telling I think but I'm talking about TONE and it gets that right.
So PG13/ 12's/15's or not, Ridley will hopefully get the tone down, that will be half the work done.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 09, 2012, 02:56:48 AM
I highly, HIGHLY doubt Fox execs walking on to Ridleys set saying 'no, repaint this, make it less intense.' No way.

The fact is, FOX can do whatever they want with this film, it's their franchise and they are paying for it, or why would there even be a debate about this PG-13 rating in the first place, Scott being allowed to make his own version for DVD says it all! The only thing Rothman is interested in is putting bums on seats, it's also worth mentioning he's messed with Scott before, but he sees things from a financial point of view. Understandable, since the studio have reportedly spent over $100 million on this film and they need a good return, but at the end of the day, what may ruin it for fans like us matters little when it comes to selling Prometheus to the masses, and if Rothman has to make sweeping changes to achieve that, he'll do it.

T Dog

Yes that is indeed true Roary.

There's a lot that can go potentially belly up with this movie. I just read a critique of Body Of Lies (which was on tv during the week) in the paper and it mentioned how you'd expect it to be good with heavy weights like Russell Crowe and DiCaprio in it, yet "The director here churns out a disappointingly hackneyed espionage thrill" with a miscast DiCaprio. And I think that's a fair point. American Gangster was similar in that it didn't hit the height it could of because Ridley just sort of scraped the surface with the character depth.

So I think I need to try and perhaps be careful with Prometheus expectations. I mean I'm not expecting an amazing movie. I'm hoping for a good one and perhaps a wonderful surprise if it turns out to be amazing. The best hope that we have for it is Ridley's enthusiasm in that he had a great time making it. Hopefully Science Fiction is STILL his true calling.

Kol

Kol

Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 09, 2012, 01:28:47 PM
And I think that's a fair point. American Gangster was similar in that it didn't hit the height it could of because Ridley just sort of scraped the surface with the character depth.

american gangster didn't hit the height? i can understand when people don't like body of lies that much, (but for me it's a solid agent-flick) but comparing it with american gangster and than saying it has the same flaws?  ???

you know what been scraping the surface? if ridley decided to do a italian-mafia-flick instead of what we have now.

blasphemy.

T Dog

Yeah so who's your favourite bird on Glee then?

ikarop

ikarop

Yahoo is holding an event on March 17 as well. Their Q&A is with Fassbender and Theron.

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/prometheus/

ThisBethesdaSea

Wow, this is a big big deal. Awesome.

nendo

I take it it will be 3 am sunday in the UK when the q and a is aired?

any chance someone could record it?

Kol

Quote from: ikarop on Mar 10, 2012, 12:22:16 PM
Yahoo is holding an event on March 17 as well. Their Q&A is with Noomi, Fassbender and Theron.

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/prometheus/

what a pitty.

ThisBethesdaSea

The new trailer will be live right after the Q&A so we shouldn't need to record it. I'm trying to schedule my days events around the new trailer and Q and A thing. How sad is that! Ha :). :)

T Dog

Quote from: Kol on Mar 09, 2012, 02:24:36 PM
Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 09, 2012, 01:28:47 PM
And I think that's a fair point. American Gangster was similar in that it didn't hit the height it could of because Ridley just sort of scraped the surface with the character depth.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110628013436/icarly/images/8/8a/Unbelievable.gif

american gangster didn't hit the height? i can understand when people don't like body of lies that much, (but for me it's a solid agent-flick) but comparing it with american gangster and than saying it has the same flaws?  ???

you know what been scraping the surface? if ridley decided to do a italian-mafia-flick instead of what we have now.

blasphemy.

I just think that in American Gangster they tried to create this illusion of depth for a mainstream audience. On one hand he's a dealer and on the other he's good to his mother. oooooooohhhhhhhhh such depth.

I think it's an ok movie, but it could be much much better.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Well, I found out how to get an invite to the Q&A--you have to be a member of AMC's Movie Rewards program. Which, like a bull in a china shop I just went and rampaged for. Will have to wait and see if an invite comes my way--probably too late >:/ If so, twelve bucks down the drain, alas :P

nendo

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 10, 2012, 05:49:44 PM
The new trailer will be live right after the Q&A so we shouldn't need to record it. I'm trying to schedule my days events around the new trailer and Q and A thing. How sad is that! Ha :). :)

i want to watch the q and a. The trailer can wait

SizzyBubbles

I will be there next week. CAN'T FREAKIN' WAIT. The trailer is def a bonus!

;D

Wobblyboddle77

Fingers crossed we'll see some detailed footage of the engineer and scott will shed some more light on how prometheus is related to alien besides our old geezer the space jockey, and maybe we'll find out more about the cockpits purpose in the derelict, even if it's tidbits because obviously they won't give the profound stuff away lol, it's just nice to see the viral advertising taking shape, and the cast and crew giving Q & A sessions, fassbender really does seem a down to earth top guy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed