IGN's Preview Community Event (Live Stream February 2nd)

Started by ikarop, Jan 24, 2013, 12:51:20 AM

Author
IGN's Preview Community Event (Live Stream February 2nd) (Read 83,521 times)

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: SM on Feb 07, 2013, 04:48:22 AM
The darkness on Xbox makes it rather hard - but I like that the Aliens are hard to kill.

I disagree. The darkness just made it hard to see ANYTHING. It was like Rebellion didn't adjust the black levels or something. The demo for AVP 2010 to my recollection was not as dark. I felt it was an error on their part. I would have played in on PC for comparison but my laptop wouldn't handle it most likely.

SM

Can't say I've had a problem with the darkness.

I died a shitload of times in the disco bit, running backwards firing madly at the shadows coming at me.

Mind you that could just be because I suck.

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: SM on Feb 07, 2013, 04:56:38 AM

I died a shitload of times in the disco bit, running backwards firing madly at the shadows coming at me.

I just was ACM to replace the abortion that AVP 2010 was...

ShadowPred

Quote from: SM on Feb 07, 2013, 04:56:38 AM

That was the best part in the whole game. The only time where the Xenos actually felt like they could rip me apart, I basically had my back against the wall and just fired from there, really intense moment, so good.

JokersWarPig

Some times I feel like I'm the only one who had good experiences playing AVP2010

ShadowPred

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 07, 2013, 05:02:22 AM
Some times I feel like I'm the only one who had good experiences playing AVP2010

Embrace the joy the universe has given you! EMBRACE IT!!!

SM

QuoteAVP 2010 was not an AWFUL game

Quotethe abortion that AVP 2010 was

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: UDA on Feb 07, 2013, 06:28:03 AM
Quote from: SM on Feb 07, 2013, 05:04:22 AM
QuoteAVP 2010 was not an AWFUL game

Quotethe abortion that AVP 2010 was

http://www.google.com.au/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif&sa=X&ei=rjUTUavJKca-kgW1lYHgAg&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHmCyTZ3Vinzr60R_niTqS2zsC__g

This thread is now legendary in my mind.

I guess what I was trying to say was while it was not an AWFUL game it was just a huge letdown. Hence the abortion comment.

Xenomorphine

It was a decent enough game, but if it'd just been exclusively Marine, wouldn't have had the replayability factor. Having recently reinstalled it, I'm remembering how fun it could be. Mostly, when stalking someone unaware as an Alien or Predator. :)

That's when the multiplayer games were at their most fun... When it was just a handful of people and it turned into a hunting situation. The more people there were, the more it graduated into being a messy clusterf**k, like with most games.

Marine part was definitely too dark for you to keep being sent into it on your own, though. Needed at least one other with you, because you felt less like a Marine and more like just some random dude who'd managed to pick up a gun.

Bald Gringo

I enjoyed the first couple of levels of the marine campaign up until you kill the queen, had a pretty good atmosphere. Once you got to the jungle though the game went downhill fast. Aliens and daylight don't mix.

WinterActual

Aliens.Colonial.Marines.XBOX360-COMPLEX

Expect the full campaign in YT soon  ;)

Prime113

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 07, 2013, 01:35:25 PM
Aliens.Colonial.Marines.XBOX360-COMPLEX

Expect the full campaign in YT soon  ;)

Oh snap!

SPECIAL FORCES

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 07, 2013, 09:32:40 AM
It was a decent enough game, but if it'd just been exclusively Marine, wouldn't have had the replayability factor. Having recently reinstalled it, I'm remembering how fun it could be.

I'm a rine player only since 99'.
It was a nice welcome.Nice MP but the SP was really mediocre.More like an action/scifi game than an action/horror one.I dont know if you played AvP classic when it was released but back then it felt natural to be unable to block,especially as a human...and it still manages to be scary (rine campaign).
I cant understand since there is no Pred(meele combat) in this game why they brought up the block faction again.Huggers are a joke now and the aliens not as scary/deadly as they should be.

I played AvP2 recently (out of nostalgia) rine campaign and the aliens were really badass and scary.Why? because whenever they showed up i had like 1 sec to kill them or they pounced right on my face and i was dead or dying.No hold the block and backwalk and shoot.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed