IGN's Preview Community Event (Live Stream February 2nd)

Started by ikarop, Jan 24, 2013, 12:51:20 AM

Author
IGN's Preview Community Event (Live Stream February 2nd) (Read 84,162 times)

WinterActual

Will we get a download link for the HD version?

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

If i'm not mistaken that FLV link (offline version) only captured 30 minutes of the waiting screen :( all 460 MB of it.

Corporate Merc

Anybody have  a  xbox360? Then download the ign app and go to ign live (recent shows), its there in all it's HD glory.

WinterActual

There are multiple files 30 mins long each. Its how the site works - first it loads the first chunk of 30 min and when you reach its end your browser starts to stream the other part etc. so someone have to collect all parts. Its not worth it if IGN will upload the whole thing into their YT acc.

Le Celticant

Still dislike this third vision mod for Alien.
Makes the Wallwalk completely unpractical to me.
Though, the marine side looks kinda cool ala AVP2.

And what's the point of having a "shower" of acid if the acid does nothing?  :-\

Gren_86

Gren_86

After watching the whole presentation twice I would like to point out a few things that didn't go unnoticed.
Pros:
1. Fantastic environments, great textures, beautiful sets which are true to the film feature with high attention to detail (easter eggs).
2. Superb lighting and sound effects, especially the audio segment of the game.
3. Huge variety of customization options + more then sufficient arsenal of fire power.
4. Hudless experience on Ultimate Badass difficulty + substantial increase of taken damage.
5. No magical COD life regeneration mechanic.
6. Entertaining and dynamic MP modes.

Cons:
1. Lack of facial expressions. C'mon even the tiny soldiers in Company of Heroes are more animated then those guys.
2. Decreased acid damage in MP. According to GBX, cpl. Hicks is wearing those bandages as a fashion statement.
3. No friendly fire in MP (not sure about that one). If someone could have told that to Frost who was lid up like a candle.
4. No visualization of the secondary weapon which is suppose to be strapped to the back. Apparently the marines are using their assholes as luggage compartments.

Bottom line, ACM will be fun to play and I'm tremendously grateful to GBX, Sega and everyone involved in this project but I don't see how this can be considered as a sequel to Aliens.   

acrediblesource

Quote from: Gren_86 on Feb 03, 2013, 03:48:07 PM
but I don't see how this can be considered as a sequel to Aliens.   

LOL, play the game then! It doesn't exist in your hands therefore it doesn't exist at all.

MR EL1M1NATOR

That makes it look a lot better then the trailers did. I like the look of ultimate badass mode, hopefully you can play that straight away and go in cold.

Still not too keen on the Aliens movement but can live with it.

Let's just hope the story isn't too ridiculous.

darthmaul1

Quote from: szkoki on Feb 03, 2013, 01:47:00 PM
and why is that idiot team mate who u rescued wanted to use grenade every time for no reason, infinite battery for the flashlight...what the f**k is this game???

envirment, sounds, graphics (maybe) looks fine though...but it looks like a stupid shoot em up with 0 story

besides this was a 30 minutes campaign...4 more left, are they much longer or the single player is less than 3 hours?

customizable rifles are cool :) loved that in extermination aswell too bad the game looks shit

"Infinite battery for the flash light" it is the future and it would be pretty stupid to have a flash light battery go dead quickly!  Zero story?!?! The trailers already have more story than COD or MW!! This game will rock IF u r a fan of the aliens movies and not some 14 year old kid that thinks COD & MW are the best shooters!

PFC Hudson

One thing that bothered me was the fact that you could access all of your collected weapons during a mission. Now I understand that the player has already unlocked every gun, but towards the end of your first play through, you should have just about every gun. So ammo will never be a concern once you have all the guns, which downgrades the tension factor. On the plus side, it looks like you can't carry the smart gun on your weapon wheel, so you won't be able to just mow everything down.

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 03, 2013, 01:03:32 PM
Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Feb 03, 2013, 07:30:57 AM
Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 03, 2013, 06:25:57 AM
Quote from: Speedy_J on Feb 03, 2013, 02:34:58 AM
The thing I don't get is what's the point in having a Supressor in the game.
The point is to make the CoD kids to feel a bit more t4ct1c0oL.

Quote from: Njm1983 on Feb 03, 2013, 03:19:38 AM
though that would present a problem with keeping it un-offensive.
Those wussies who get offended by some text on somebody's armor or weapons shouldn't be playing the game at all.

F A C E P A L M
ROFL! Please explain to me how the supressor will help you fighting the xenos. I really want to read your explanation.

I already said as did another poster that it would probably and more realistically be better to use against the Weyland-Yutani mercs.

shadowedge

At 38:05 you get to see female marine customization!

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: darthmaul1 on Feb 03, 2013, 04:15:37 PM
Quote from: szkoki on Feb 03, 2013, 01:47:00 PM
and why is that idiot team mate who u rescued wanted to use grenade every time for no reason, infinite battery for the flashlight...what the f**k is this game???

envirment, sounds, graphics (maybe) looks fine though...but it looks like a stupid shoot em up with 0 story

besides this was a 30 minutes campaign...4 more left, are they much longer or the single player is less than 3 hours?

customizable rifles are cool :) loved that in extermination aswell too bad the game looks shit

"Infinite battery for the flash light" it is the future and it would be pretty stupid to have a flash light battery go dead quickly!  Zero story?!?! The trailers already have more story than COD or MW!! This game will rock IF u r a fan of the aliens movies and not some 14 year old kid that thinks COD & MW are the best shooters!

whatever u say boss....altough in avp 2 the flashlight case was solved nice if u remember ;) created a lot of tention waiting for it to charge for a few secs after a few minutes of working, it seems like GBX knows nothing about creating tention and about horror at all

and now: infinite flaslight, no tention building in the game, xeno around every corner, lot of bullets,u have team mate all the time (not a killer but here it is)...just killing the horror and dont tell me "its an action game , based on an action movie", no it supposed to be a movie, game where u can actually fight against your biggest fear ...with still no hope!
i didnt get my hopes up about this game but still somehow   the lack of horror elements in a horror game dissapoints me every time....

acrediblesource

I'm still wondering as to how well we will be able to accomplish these Fatality Moves, and also if each weapon you use allows you to reproduce a certain type of death. I think the major replay value here is that if you start to find the atmosphere dwindle you can have a hell of a time trying to make a cool finishing move with each kill. 
From the looks of the video, the aliens die in an all too similar way while in other trailers Ive seen them do a few different things.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed