Aliens: Dark Descent

Started by BlueMarsalis79, Jun 09, 2022, 06:09:08 PM

Author
Aliens: Dark Descent (Read 48,347 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 10, 2022, 11:51:02 AMThis War Of Mine

*traumatic flashbacks*

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah exactly.

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 10, 2022, 08:56:20 AM

QuoteIn Aliens: Dark Descent, command a squad of hardened Colonial Marines to stop a terrifying Xenomorph outbreak on Moon Lethe. Lead your soldiers in real-time combat against iconic Xenomorphs, rogue operatives from the insatiable Weyland-Yutani Corporation, and a host of horrifying creatures new to the Alien franchise.

We maybe seeing more than just the Bug Men. I just hope they don't go full Kenner. A little Kenner is fine, but you never go full Kenner.

Full Kenner full Kenner full Kenner full Kenner!!

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

The game of 'The Thing' was the most famous one to implement a sanity/paranoia mechanic. I imagine this was just inspired by the RPG mechanic, most likely.

Some nice moody visuals, but aside from slowing down time (which I'm assuming has limited uses), I'm calling this what it is: The description sounds like a rip of 'Space Hulk', right down to these "rogue commandos" basically being reskins of Chaos/Nurgle Space Marine encounters. Games Workshop's notoriously litigious legal department might be watching closely.

Except that game's most recent incarnation at least had a play-as-Tyranids mode. Without one for the Aliens, this could well suffer from being a bit too same-y.

The actual visuals and lighting strongly reminded me of the recent remake of the 'Alien Breed' games. Wonder if it could be the same engine.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Otago, huh?

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 11, 2022, 02:16:34 AMThe game of 'The Thing' was the most famous one to implement a sanity/paranoia mechanic. I imagine this was just inspired by the RPG mechanic, most likely.

God I had a blast with that one in 2003.

QuoteSome nice moody visuals, but aside from slowing down time (which I'm assuming has limited uses), I'm calling this what it is: The description sounds like a rip of 'Space Hulk', right down to these "rogue commandos" basically being reskins of Chaos/Nurgle Space Marine encounters. Games Workshop's notoriously litigious legal department might be watching closely.

I don't think they have much intention of going after anything pertaining to The Mouse or its holdings, given that they never said a word about various Marvel comics using GW weapon designs or even poorly ripped game assets from Dawn of War, and indeed went on to give Marvel the license for the current 40k comics.

QuoteExcept that game's most recent incarnation at least had a play-as-Tyranids mode. Without one for the Aliens, this could well suffer from being a bit too same-y.

The actual visuals and lighting strongly reminded me of the recent remake of the 'Alien Breed' games. Wonder if it could be the same engine.

Reminds me of the game tiles from Prodos' AvP, honestly.

khas

khas

It's always good news when they release Alien games, but I was expecting an Alien Isolation 2. I see this more as an Aliens Fireteam 1.5...

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

As much as a game like this could be a breath of fresh air, I just want a game where we play as the Aliens again, we haven't had one since 2013, it's been almost 10 years.

Yeaok

Yeaok

Can we get another fps AvP already?

Kradan

Kradan

If only

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Good stuff.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Darkness

Darkness

Yeah, we need a good Colonial Marines CGI show. So much potential there.

I guess Dark Descent is the closest we've come to something similar to AvP Extinction, at least the Colonial Marines part of it and managing them.

I am bit a disappointed though. They seem to be just focussing on these small budget games. I know you guys like Hunting Grounds and Fireteam but I want a good singleplayer campaign like Isolation.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Bruh Dark Descent's singleplayer.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

30+ hours too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed