[Exclusive] AvP PC System Requirements Revealed

Started by ikarop, Jan 20, 2010, 04:47:13 PM

Author
[Exclusive] AvP PC System Requirements Revealed (Read 44,858 times)

The

The

Demo where's demo

stemot

stemot

Jesus, my system will destroy this game.

kaizerdan

kaizerdan

mmk, the minimum specs are early 2000-04 tech, so if you are still rocking that computer you build just for source games you should be fine to get by with just playing the game. but yes please do wait for demo to see if you can tolerate playing it on low settings with bad fps in multiplayer.

Reptile

Reptile

kaizer you talking about my specs? If so, what do i need to upgrade?

kaizerdan

kaizerdan

reptile, you can prolly pull it off with your dualcore but a little over clock if you can might help... but dont mess with it if you arent sure how. your processor is ehh but it might work.

Neon_Knight

Reptile, you don't exactly NEED to upgrade anything, I just wouldn't expect amazing performance in AVP. It'd probably run, just not very well.  In your case it's not a simple case of upgrading one thing and suddenly it'll all be amazing maxed out. If you want to max out this game, you'll probably have to upgrade a bit of everything. But if I were you, I'd get a new graphics card first - have a look at the GTX260 series, they're not too expensive, and leagues above an 8600. That should at least get it running at pleasant graphics settings. )I'd also consider more RAM if I were you).  I'm no expert though.

Reptile

Reptile

All care is just being at least able to play on Medium, I don't need the game maxed out on anything. If I can get at the very least medium settings I'll be happy. I just wanna play as I haven't been able to play AvP1 and 2 when I first got them and I don't want AvP3 to be the same way!

Hicks_0998

guys theres no point in putting your own specs up and asking if itll run, theyre there for a reason so just cross reference your own and itll tell you whether you can run it or not.  As for the directx 11, wtf?

Jekku

Jekku

Yep, definitely getting this on the Xbox 360.  :P

Dread555

Dread555

i got...
Vista 32bit

3gb of ram

nvidia geforce GTS 250 1gb graphics card

and an AMD athlon 64 X2 dual core 5600 processor 2.8GHz (im going to upgrade to a 6400 3.2GHz)

with all that and the upgraded processor, will i be able to run avp smoothly at max settings?

frostedone

Reptile: I would say medium would be alright for you. The GPU is a little weak, but should be able to handle medium detail just fine.

Rawrfish: High settings, but probably not max since your video card is DX10.

Force: Your videocard is seriously bottlenecking your potential, but low settings should be fine. If you want a massive boost, the Nvidia 9800GT video card is under $100 now on newegg.com.

frostedone

Dread555: Not max but you'll probably do well on high settings. Your card is Direct X 10 and to get the most out of AVP you'll need a DX11 card. Nvidia should start making their DX11 cards sometime in Q1 2010 they said. Until then the only maker of DX11 cards is ATI. Still your card is pretty powerful though. Some DX11 cards may even be a downgrade for you.

Ephemeriis

Ephemeriis

It's nice to know that it will work on my system...  But what I really want is a demo!

Lars

Lars

Sounds great.. Momentarily I play games on Asus 1201N and its great to know I will be able to play AvP everywhere I go... At least I think I should quite comfortabily on low settings. Just tested Mass Effect and worked nicely. Demo should tell more though ...

Vainisto

Vainisto

Are you kidding me? These requirements are embarrassingly low. I want them HIGHER!   :'(  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed