Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 711,755 times)

Stitch

Stitch

So Jim Caviezel put the egg on the Sulaco? Or Sean Connery?

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Sean obviously.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Its_Auto on Apr 23, 2021, 12:16:19 PM
Post that the Easter Bunny put the egg on the Sulaco, and nobody bats an eye.. Post that Bishop II is a replicant and *boom* - 😂 Too easy.. I didn't even get to play "the engineers in 'Raised by Wolves'" card yet...  😔

I was only pretending u guise!

SM

SM

its just a prank bro

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: SiL on Apr 23, 2021, 01:17:44 PM
Everyone accepts Outland, there's no controversy there ;D

I f**king love Outland

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 27, 2020, 08:38:53 PM
I can jerk-off to these visuals

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Fun fact - not only does Outland look like it belongs in the Alien universe, it also had a novelisation by Alan Dean Foster and a comic book adaptation by Heavy Metal, just like Alien.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah also lots of similarities between the Blade Runner sequel(s) and the Alien prequel(s) in marketing. In addition to the thematic and sometimes narrative subject matter they share. And we also got Blade Runner Blackout and Alien Blackout not that far apart.

And the Blade Runner comics used to be under Marvel then moved to Dark Horse and we got the opposite with Alien. Both also used the title "Dust To Dust" as one of the aforementioned stories.

Both each have Soldier and Outland respectively as unofficial entries in their respective libraries.

I actually ought to check out the Blade Runner books and comics and the three/four semi-official fan films.

razeak

razeak

I really need to check out Soldier. I'm sure there is a clue to the origin of the egg there since there appears to be some sort of connection.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: razeak on May 18, 2021, 12:32:37 AMI really need to check out Soldier.

The first ten minutes are by far the best part of the film, but it's entertaining. Kurt Russell is always good value and he manages to be surprisingly engaging given that he has about four lines in the whole thing. It's basically just Rambo in space, so don't expect anything more than that and you'll probably have a good time.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I remember watching it only for Kurt Russell, and being vastly disappointed.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Same.

SM

SM

I remember being being very underwhelmed. And shocked that visually it was so inferior to Event Horizon.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 24, 2021, 11:06:37 AM
Fun fact - not only does Outland look like it belongs in the Alien universe, it also had a novelisation by Alan Dean Foster and a comic book adaptation by Heavy Metal, just like Alien.

Great movie.

Well, all that you mentioned is superb.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Alien³ & Fight club share that distinctive style where everything looks dirty and gross, even people. Let's call it Fincherpunk. 8)

Plus that director is remarkable when it comes to unreliable narrators, better than Vermilion Scott, I'm afraid.  :-X

Maybe by understanding Fight Club, we can understand once and for all the Egg on Sulaco:laugh:

What do you think? ✌(⊙︿⊙✿)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

You're just super Jonesy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed