Dune Remake

Started by Gates, Oct 17, 2007, 12:50:34 AM

Author
Dune Remake (Read 160,027 times)

kwisatz

kwisatz

I feel like I've already seen this and it was meh.

Or like Local told me it was meh and I didn't go...

lul --

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: kwisatz on Feb 04, 2021, 03:06:58 PM
I feel like I've already seen this and it was meh.

Of course you've already seen it, you're the Kwisatz Haderach after all.

Pity it's going to be meh though....  :-\

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Hey, there's always ice cream.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 04, 2021, 04:36:51 PM

Pity it's going to be meh though....  :-\

Like a kick between Fenris' legs.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 04, 2021, 05:29:21 PM
Hey, there's always ice cream.

What ice cream do you like ?

Local Trouble

kwisatz

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: DeadlineIt hasn't been decided yet if Legendary's other Warner Bros. title Dune will go day and date theatrical and on HBO Max. This is despite the fact that the latter streaming service keeps promoting it as part of their 2021 suite. The success of Godzilla vs. Kong this past weekend makes a clear argument in Legendary's negotiations with Warner to keep that all-star sci-fi movie strictly in theaters.

'Godzilla Vs. Kong' Propels Domestic Box Office Out Of Pandemic Depression With $48.5M 5-Day Opening

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Eric Roth talking with Collider on a treatment for the second half of Dune written by him:

Quote from: via ColliderI [wrote] a treatment to show the estate what we could do with the second half, but I've got to tell you that I think I've done as much as I can do. I also have other things I want to do. I'm 76 years old, and these things obviously take a long time to do. And so I have a few others I'm excited about. And hopefully people love Dune so much that they do want to have a second part, and I'm sure Denis would do amazing version of that."

https://twitter.com/Collider/status/1381648972754878465

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Sorry if already posted, but here it is again anyway -

John Schoenherr's Dune

kwisatz

kwisatz

Yep, Schoenherr's great. Probably the best Dune-wise.

Didn't he also kinda invent Wookies?

What would Giger say?  ;D

TC

TC

Quote from: kwisatz on May 02, 2021, 01:34:06 AM
Yep, Schoenherr's great. Probably the best Dune-wise.

Didn't he also kinda invent Wookies?

https://s8.directupload.net/images/210502/brtfqjvf.jpg

Ralph McQuarrie ripped off Schoenherr? Well, at least he had the good sense to remove the six titties.

TC

kwisatz

kwisatz

To be fair remove the clothing add the bandolier and the right figure probably looks closer to Chewie.

I like the titties.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: TC on May 02, 2021, 05:16:16 PM
Ralph McQuarrie ripped off Schoenherr? Well, at least he had the good sense to remove the six titties.

https://www.slashfilm.com/george-rr-martin-chewbacca/

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I love these behind scene details of the creative process, of any Sci-Fi /Fantasy world 8)

Quote from: kwisatz on May 02, 2021, 06:14:35 PM
The original article is a bit more complex and comes to a somewhat different conclusion.

https://kitbashed.com/blog/chewbacca

Wow this is gold! Thanks  :o

"There is no direct connection made on film between the off-hand wookie remark and, as they are more commonly known, shell dwellers. But following the assumption that they are the same, it's still hazy where the concept came from. Laden with overt social and political commentary, the hairy dwarf-like creatures may have sprung into life as a reflection of fringe existences, sacrifices of the consumer society and so on. Maybe at the hand of Lucas, maybe Murch, the two having written it together. But aside from the nickname and some unkempt hair, there is little else binding them to the latter-day wookiees of Star Wars, though both seem to have sprung from monkeys in some way."

~

"Chewbacca, the character, also started his life in the rough draft (May 1974) as a kind of barbarian alien prince on the jungle planet of Yavin:

[...] five Wookees, (huge grey and furry beasts) [...] The eight foot Chewbacca, who resembles a huge, grey bushbaby with fierce baboon-like fang [...]"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed