Dead Space

Started by fluxcap, Oct 10, 2007, 02:43:40 AM

Author
Dead Space (Read 90,777 times)

Stitch

Stitch

I'm up to chapter 9 of DS1, and twitchers can just f**king do one.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Stasis is your friend.

Stitch

Stitch

OK, so I finished DS1 on hard mode. It's decent, but suffers from pacing issues.
The first quarter is good, and the last third is good, but the bit in the middle is where it drags. Gets repetitive and feels just like a load of fetch quests (which, of course, it is). Once you get into the better set pieces, and different environments, it's much better.
I remember being creeped out by it the first time I played it (I think I got up to chapter 3 before), but this time I think I just got more frustrated. There are a lot of 'jump scares', where creatures just appear out of a vent and attack. That's great when used in moderation, but becomes kinda rote after a while. Ended up swearing at the TV not in fear, but in annoyance that necromorphs were showing up when I just wanted to get the objective done.
Like, come on! Can't you see I'm busy here?

I think it could have done with being a bit shorter, or improving the pacing in the middle, but overall it's pretty good. I'd say it would be better with a stronger horror atmosphere and more tension, but I know that from here on out the series gets more and more action packed.

Stitch

Stitch

https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/21/dead-space-revival-to-be-announced-by-ea-next-month-claims-insider-14803628/

QuoteEA is reportedly planning to announce the revival of 'an established IP' at their EA Play event in July, and it sounds like Dead Space.

Like many companies, EA wasn't at E3 2021 but they do have an EA Play event scheduled for July 22. They'll use that as a venue to reveal new details of upcoming games and unveil news ones... possibly including a revival of Dead Space.

QuoteTwo more sources have corroborated the information, with Eurogamer claiming they've also heard that the series is coming back via EA Motive. Gematsu agrees, but adds that the game will be a 'reimagining' rather than a direct sequel to the original games.

Darkness

Darkness

I'm still surprised they haven't ported the Dead Space Trilogy over to the PS4.

I liked the first two but didn't think the third was as good.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I'm reading rumors of a potential remake of DS for current gen consoles. 

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Stitch on Jun 21, 2021, 04:39:10 AM
OK, so I finished DS1 on hard mode. It's decent, but suffers from pacing issues.
The first quarter is good, and the last third is good, but the bit in the middle is where it drags. Gets repetitive and feels just like a load of fetch quests (which, of course, it is). Once you get into the better set pieces, and different environments, it's much better.
I remember being creeped out by it the first time I played it (I think I got up to chapter 3 before), but this time I think I just got more frustrated. There are a lot of 'jump scares', where creatures just appear out of a vent and attack. That's great when used in moderation, but becomes kinda rote after a while. Ended up swearing at the TV not in fear, but in annoyance that necromorphs were showing up when I just wanted to get the objective done.
Like, come on! Can't you see I'm busy here?

I think it could have done with being a bit shorter, or improving the pacing in the middle, but overall it's pretty good. I'd say it would be better with a stronger horror atmosphere and more tension, but I know that from here on out the series gets more and more action packed.
The story DLC for Dead Space 3 feels much more like the first game, it's great.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 24, 2021, 02:32:27 AM

Hopefully without the asteroid part.

Master

Master

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 24, 2021, 06:29:11 PM

I... I liked the asteroid part...

Stitch

Stitch

VR is where the games need to go next. DS1 remake in VR would be awesome.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Master on Jun 25, 2021, 06:55:35 PM

Unacceptable. >:(

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 26, 2021, 01:39:42 AM
Quote from: Master on Jun 25, 2021, 06:55:35 PM

Unacceptable. >:(
How about finding it mildly annoying but not too bad?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Anything less than the strongest possible condemnation is insufficient.

SiL

SiL

If there are two things I can't stand, it's that f**king asteroid section...

Spoiler
And that f**king asteroid section.
[close]

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I remember beating both sections on my first playthrough without any problem.

Then on my second one it was like they were freaking impossible, i remember asking myself what the f**k was happening. 

Now its either hit or miss.  I struggle with one or the other.  Struggle with both, or don't struggle with either of them.  I have no idea why. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed