Should AFT include angry giant Engineers as enemies?

Started by acrediblesource, Mar 16, 2021, 06:22:38 PM

Should AFT include angry giant Engineers as enemies?

Yes
17 (53.1%)
No
15 (46.9%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: May 05, 2021, 06:22:38 PM

Author
Should AFT include angry giant Engineers as enemies? (Read 2,692 times)

Stitch

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 17, 2021, 07:13:43 PM
Quote from: acrediblesource on Mar 17, 2021, 06:05:45 PM
The worst thing you can do is compare a non-franchise to a movie franchise. Let alone compare it with l4D. I know IGN boys did it, but did you know how old L4D is anyway? Do you know how terribly low budget that game is in terms of visual design? Why not compare it to Soldier of Fortune? That doesn't build my confidence in the reviewing public.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 17, 2021, 03:00:40 PM
Quote from: PsyKore on Mar 17, 2021, 10:37:19 AM
I say yes because it's just a game and not a big deal. Throw the Neomorphs in there while you're at it.

Before we found out this game was basically just a L4D type deal, I fully expected the black goo (and thus, Neomorphs and other various offshoots) to be among the ranks of the things we would be killing in certain "hub" locations.

Because Left 4 Dead is the first thing I thought of when I saw the footage.
See, I thought it was Gears 5 Escape mode with an Aliens skin.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 17, 2021, 03:00:40 PM
Quote from: PsyKore on Mar 17, 2021, 10:37:19 AM
I say yes because it's just a game and not a big deal. Throw the Neomorphs in there while you're at it.

Before we found out this game was basically just a L4D type deal, I fully expected the black goo (and thus, Neomorphs and other various offshoots) to be among the ranks of the things we would be killing in certain "hub" locations.

I'm still thinking it maybe a possibility we'll see some black-goo. We know we're in some ruins at some point! Honestly, I'd like to see some actual Neomorphs or other accelerant based creatures in there. Doesn't have to be all XX121!

And on the same vein, I'd also be quite happy to see Engineers in here as an enemy. I'd worry about how they'd be handled and hopefully be some inspired or interesting boss fights, but just the concept of them showing up to fight against I'm totally onboard with. They were creepy as shit in Prometheus.

Stitch

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 19, 2021, 08:57:47 AM
I'm still thinking it maybe a possibility we'll see some black-goo. We know we're in some ruins at some point! Honestly, I'd like to see some actual Neomorphs or other accelerant based creatures in there. Doesn't have to be all XX121!

And on the same vein, I'd also be quite happy to see Engineers in here as an enemy. I'd worry about how they'd be handled and hopefully be some inspired or interesting boss fights, but just the concept of them showing up to fight against I'm totally onboard with. They were creepy as shit in Prometheus.
Maybe I'm wrong, but with it being called "Aliens", aren't they likely to be limited to that license?

Kimarhi

Seeing how they got runners and all kinds of other xenos in it, probably not.

Think they went with the Aliens tag just to show everyone that is where the gameplay was going to be most inspired from, but it doesn't mean that its only going to be inspired from there. 

acrediblesource

Hmm....its called a franchise.i dont think its limited per chestburster or design.

Quote from: Stitch on Mar 19, 2021, 05:10:47 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 19, 2021, 08:57:47 AM

Maybe I'm wrong, but with it being called "Aliens", aren't they likely to be limited to that license?

The Necronoir

I'm not at all averse to seeing the engineers in the game, in some capacity. I don't like the idea of them being a big stomping enemy that you have to gun down though, even as a boss. I'd much prefer we just pick through the ancient remains of their structures or, at most, have them as background antagonists.

I love the way they were presented in Prometheus (despite serious reservations with the film as a whole), and that was largely due to their aloof, eerie presentation. Shooting them in the face rather diminishes that feeling.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed