Speculations on Environments

Started by acrediblesource, Mar 09, 2021, 08:23:08 PM

Author
Speculations on Environments (Read 3,657 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Generally crossovers in this context of fictional characters are brief and limited. I've felt a lot of people consciously don't even see Alien vs Predator as a crossover anymore. They fit so snugly like a Ying and Yang symbol and have been licensed together for 30 years... it would be odd to never see them encounter each other from time to time at this point.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Here is an environment Ive picked out from the latest video of the gunner and technician

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Can someone get some shots from Prometheus and Covenant to compare to these ruins? The idiot in the Discord keeps saying it's a Predator pyramid

Kailem

Kailem

The latest video only seems to make it even more clear that Engineer ruins will be in the game. A lot of those environments look very, very similar to what we got in Covenant.

acrediblesource

from the looks if it, its inspired by prometheus but not entirely. I mean the oval shape speaks to half of the kind of heart shaped tunnels Prometheus had in the ruins of the engineeer's capsule silo. So this could be more speaking to the organic side of some other story more related to alien and into Aliens.

Corporal Hicks

The bladed/irised door we see is definitely Prometheus.

BlueMarsalis79

Using Prometheus Art of the Film I imagine.

Drukathi

Drukathi

It remains only to hope that one of the unknown species will be neomorph. Or Engineer-boss.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 13, 2021, 07:51:56 AM
The bladed/irised door we see is definitely Prometheus.

100% Engineer.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

damni mmissed that frame. That literallly looks like this from  prometheus

So far I get we have a location set in a Pyramid Mound.That would be astounding if they build the entire Pyramid set with giant head and all.

This is from Covenant. Notice the drapes? There are also carved curves found in some images that are also found in the film's concrete floors. Definitely this is an engineers' monestary.

Immortan Jonesy

I hope so. The closest thing in the past was a fan made Doom 3 mod.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

EEeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww cave walls with a mix of stone architecture?! No thank you, bring back the biomechanical almost claustrophobic design back. Damm, Prometheus and Covenant really did a horrible number on ruining HR Giger's work huh? It makes no sense for the Engineers to make ships like that but then their architecture looks so ye olden days.

Kailem

Kailem

I thought Covenant's simplistic grey brutalist architecture for the Engineer city was boring as hell. One of the things that most disappointed me about the movie. All the things you could do for an alien city - especially one inspired by Giger - and they gave us that? So unimaginative.

I suspect the game won't give us much more since the movies didn't give us much to begin with. We got "room with table and drawings on the walls", "big room with heads in it" and "big open space". These ruins will be the equivalent of the Derelict from previous Alien/AVP games, just somewhere that we go "oh cool, it's that thing from the movies", only, y'know, much less cool.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

No love for David's lair?  :laugh:

And I definitely can't hide my love for this one ~ 👇

Quote from: acrediblesource on Mar 13, 2021, 08:12:53 PM
Definitely this is an engineers' monestary.

Probably not, as it's pure design choice, but I wonder if there is any connection to the Neomorph appearance of the Spitter via campaign mode.

Edit: These are not entirely Giger based, but it is still a solid reference. The nightmarish Scorn's environments. The bio-horror atmosphere is strong with this one.

BlueMarsalis79

I get people do not like the choices of Prometheus, but it is long past time to recognise that the Engineers are not aliens, Engineers are humans and nothing more.

Amongst the best things Alien Covenant did being wiping them out so we do not have to deal with that nonsense in the future.

I get it but it is not Cold Iron's choice.

And it is not even clear if they created their biomechanical technology, inherited it, or acquired it another way completely.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed