PROMETHEUS and COVENANT (Chaos Editions) - OUT NOW

Started by GrimmVision, May 20, 2018, 03:50:12 PM

Author
PROMETHEUS and COVENANT (Chaos Editions) - OUT NOW (Read 73,651 times)

whiskybar123

I dont have a facebook account, any other way of obtaining them?
I want to attempt to re-encode them using this technique https://steamcommunity.com/groups/wm84msteam/discussions/0/224446432328777354/ and see if it improves/removes the chopiness of the videos.

Valaquen

I had the CHAOS edition of Prometheus for a long time but never watched it til now. Far superior to the theatrical version, personally. Can't believe how much they cut for characters like Vickers.

I have seen the Evanus edit for Covenant but not the CHAOS edition. What are the differences?

Evanus

Quote from: Valaquen on May 14, 2020, 09:39:02 PM
I had the CHAOS edition of Prometheus for a long time but never watched it til now. Far superior to the theatrical version, personally. Can't believe how much they cut for characters like Vickers.

I have seen the Evanus edit for Covenant but not the CHAOS edition. What are the differences?
From what I remember, the Chaos Edition has most of the viral videos inserted into the film, whereas mine just has The Crossing, bits of Meet Walter and Advent at the end. The flashback sequences are probably slightly different as well.

Valaquen

Quote from: Evanus on May 14, 2020, 10:01:42 PM

From what I remember, the Chaos Edition has most of the viral videos inserted into the film, whereas mine just has The Crossing, bits of Meet Walter and Advent at the end. The flashback sequences are probably slightly different as well.

Thanks. It doesn't look like the CHAOS edition for Covenant is available, so I'll stick with your edit of the film (been watching the movies with my daughter).

Thanks for your edit, by the way. Great work.

Evanus

Quote from: Valaquen on May 14, 2020, 10:07:51 PM
Quote from: Evanus on May 14, 2020, 10:01:42 PM

Thanks. It doesn't look like the CHAOS edition for Covenant is available, so I'll stick with your edit of the film (been watching the movies with my daughter).

Thanks for your edit, by the way. Great work.
Thanks, and no problem! Good to know you're enjoying it :)

David Weyland

Saw Chaos edition of Covenant, it's the most comprehensive in that includes all the extras and virals. It does it well but it makes the film very long.
The Evanus version while without Last Supper is tighter as an edit & is the best one going atm

The Necronoir

I'm keen to check out both of these. Even keener to see the release of the corrected versions, so add my voice to the chorus of encouragement to keep at it, if they're still being worked on! In the meantime, can someone DM me with details as to how to get my hands on them?

Valaquen

Quote from: David Weyland on May 16, 2020, 12:18:55 PM
Saw Chaos edition of Covenant, it's the most comprehensive in that includes all the extras and virals. It does it well but it makes the film very long.
The Evanus version while without Last Supper is tighter as an edit & is the best one going atm

I also missed The Last Supper from the Evanus edit. Add that and it could be as close to perfect as you could get it (I know tastes will vary.)

David Weyland

I agree, Evanus got it mostly (imo) right otherwise: the ingenious use of meet Walter for the creation of David, the opening with the tears welling in David's eye as the black goo drops on planet 4 with the sound of the wind (Chills), the flashback parts perfectly placed(Chaos edition not so well), Advent I would have stuck before the credits but I forgive it

The Chaos edition is great to include Phobos
And Last Supper but it suffers including Stuff like Oram and Lope's video logs which drag, Tennessee's is entertaining and Daniels is kinda key to the story but I felt something flirting with 3 hours was beyond even a prequel nut like me

Valaquen

Quote from: David Weyland on May 17, 2020, 09:22:42 PM
I agree, Evanus got it mostly (imo) right otherwise: the ingenious use of meet Walter for the creation of David

I wonder if I have an earlier version because mines did not include Meet Walter at all IIRC.

whiskybar123

Evanus did do a version 2(And what a fine upgrade it was) which includes meet Walter and also makes the lightining much better in dark scenes. You will find it in the link Evanus provided.

Valaquen

Quote from: whiskybar123 on May 18, 2020, 08:19:56 AM
Evanus did do a version 2(And what a fine upgrade it was) which includes meet Walter and also makes the lightining much better in dark scenes. You will find it in the link Evanus provided.

Thanks! I downloaded Evanus' edit a long time ago so must have missed his update. Still no Last Supper?

David Weyland

Evanus

Yeah, I didn't include Last Supper mainly because the quality difference was a little too jarring, I thought. Plus it was always meant to be a viral video, unlike The Crossing.

castleaco

Hi. I would like to obtain Prometheus chaos edition. Someone can help me?

Thanks in advance.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed