Biohazard(Resident Evil)game series

Started by Dark Blade Hunter, Apr 16, 2013, 02:11:21 PM

Author
Biohazard(Resident Evil)game series (Read 64,066 times)

Dark Blade Hunter

Dark Blade Hunter

Sorry if this topic already exists, I looked my best to see if it did but I found nothing.  I've been a fan of this awesome survival horror franchise sense I played the original back in 1996, enyone  else?

King Rathalos

Big fan right here. :)

Even with my constant bitching about all the games. :laugh:

Razz

Razz

Yup been a fan since I played the first game back in 1996, played nearly every major title apart from RE6.

Favourite old style classic RE game for me are: REmake, RE2, RE3 and to some extent RE: CV.

RE4 is my favourite, shame Capcom haven't replicated what made RE4 so great. :-\

Dark Blade Hunter

Dark Blade Hunter

My favorite games in the series are: Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3:Nemesis, Resident Evil CODE:Veronica, Resident Evil 0, and Resident Evil Remake.  To me Resident Evil 4 was ok,  but not as good as the old ones.

King Rathalos

My top two used to be the remake on gamecube and 4, Revelations has replaced 4 as my other favorite (better than anything else that come after 4) and the HD version seems to be the definitive one with normal third person controls, so more power to it.  8)

Dark Blade Hunter

Dark Blade Hunter

I found 4 intertianing but not as good as the others.  I really hate 5 and 6, they just seem so unscary and don't feel like RE at all.  I have not played Revelations yet, i heard from fans its good, I will have to see for myself when I buy it on disc.

xeno-kaname

I started at 4 knowing the story of the previous ones, which I thought was great. And evenhough 5 wasn't scary, I still felt like it had a lot in common with 4. Then 6 came out and all that was gone. No large stages to explore. It became linear with hardly any puzzle solving.  And quick time events everywhere.

m41guy

Big fan of the first 3.  Haven't played 4(yet :P), played some of 6 but I didn't like it very much. I may buy it again so I can revisit it(ergo, finish the game at least). 

Dark Blade Hunter

Dark Blade Hunter

You guys or gals sound like my kind of people, fans of the old Resident Evil games. Like me you liked the survival horror aspect: scary invironmets, limited ammo, scary enemies, the mind bending puzzles, gosh I love the old Resident Evil!

PRI. HUDSON

Long time fan since the original. Game scared the f**k out of me at 11 years old.

My favorite games in order. Some are VERY hard to judge which is better than the other because so many of them were great.

Resident Evil REmake (Sorry, the GC version beats the PS1 version. Better EVERYTHING all around while capturing the feel of the original. A masterpiece.)
Resident Evil 2 (Great sequel, hope Capcom remakes it as they said they would consider it. Arguably the best game in the series.)
Resident Evil 3 (Very good, almost great game. Took place a day before and after RE2. Nemesis was a GREAT boss/villian. Good story with Jill and the UBCS force. Loved Carlos and hope we see him again in the series.)
Resident Evil (PS1, no need to explain. If the REmake was never made then this game is at the top of my list.)
Resident Evil 4 (Great game, can see the argument for it being better than RE3, but this was the first RE game to move AWAY from survival horror, so I rate RE3 better because of that.)
Resident Evil 0 (Very good game on GC. Loved seeing how Rebecca survived and watching her get battle tested.)
Resident Evil 5 (Very good, not great, game in the series. Loved seeing Wesker and Jill back in the mix of things.)
Resident Evil 6 (Worst game of the main series, total letdown. I would give all the games at least an 8 or higher. This game was a 7 at best.)

I never beat Code Veronica. It's on my list to do now that I can buy it on Xbox Live.

Terx2

Terx2

Big fan of the series. Huge Wesker fan. Best villain ever in video game form. Played them all except mercenaries on 3DS. My favourite is in order RE 3 Nemesis, RE CVX, RE 2, RE 4, RE, RE 0, RE 6, RE 5.

Quote from: Dark Blade Hunter on Apr 18, 2013, 05:52:20 PM
You guys or gals sound like my kind of people, fans of the old Resident Evil games. Like me you liked the survival horror aspect: scary invironmets, limited ammo, scary enemies, the mind bending puzzles, gosh I love the old Resident Evil!

While I do agree with you but if they don't experiment with new ideas they would still be stuck with the fixed camera angle.

worriors

I love the series too, but its no longer survival horror, its now survival action.

Amaterasu

To those who remember most of Operation Raccoon City's storyline; the battle with Nemesis, to weaken him so we can fix him. What's the best tactic to use in that fight? 'Cause I keep gettin' stopped every which way.

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: Amaterasu on Aug 12, 2013, 06:31:24 AM
To those who remember most of Operation Raccoon City's storyline; the battle with Nemesis, to weaken him so we can fix him. What's the best tactic to use in that fight? 'Cause I keep gettin' stopped every which way.

Shoot those other human enemies. Make them bleed to draw away the zombies. If you have Bella I think it is. Use the gas that makes zombies attack whatever you throw it at. Use it on Nemesis. Keep shooting Nemesis, hide behind cover, save your grenades when you really need them and makes sure you have lots of ammo. Once Nemesis is down run up to him and inject the parasite into him. Mission complete.

Amaterasu

Quote from: Terx2 on Aug 12, 2013, 06:38:30 AM
Quote from: Amaterasu on Aug 12, 2013, 06:31:24 AM

Shoot those other human enemies. Make them bleed to draw away the zombies. If you have Bella I think it is. Use the gas that makes zombies attack whatever you throw it at. Use it on Nemesis. Keep shooting Nemesis, hide behind cover, save your grenades when you really need them and makes sure you have lots of ammo. Once Nemesis is down run up to him and inject the parasite into him. Mission complete.

Hmm? Sorry, still trying to keep from getting shot and infected by attacking infected.  :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed