Alien - Inferno's Fall

Started by felix, Nov 27, 2021, 01:10:15 PM

Author
Alien - Inferno's Fall (Read 60,387 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I think this' where the pink and red's derived from. Either way, the mouth's completely incorrect, yet again. They have given it the human Colin Shulver and or Nico Fernandez style jaw instead of the pharyngeal jaw we see in the film.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I'm still seeing them as overtly red, considering the way the muzzle flare is painted as reflecting off parts with actual orange tones, no real impact from the blue background, and the only white being similarly placed and proportioned on the humans gear, I assume to imply lightning.

Having said that, it's probably simply an artistic choice. I still like it.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

That's why it feels refreshingly oldschool, in promo art Aliens used to be often given a green hue irrespective of their surroundings, this feels like that but with the Neomorph.

Spell check

Spell check

*Inferno's Fall, not Inferno Falls.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The cover reminds me of the ol bantam novel colors.

Old Skool.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I love the cover. It's really cool to have the Neomorphs back.

I'm so far behind on the novels, do we know the context of why the Engineers are bombing planets with the black goo?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 06, 2022, 03:35:49 PM
The cover reminds me of the ol bantam novel colors.

Old Skool.

Yeah, Genocide, Female War era.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 05, 2022, 09:58:38 PM
I'm still seeing them as overtly red, considering the way the muzzle flare is painted as reflecting off parts with actual orange tones, no real impact from the blue background, and the only white being similarly placed and proportioned on the humans gear, I assume to imply lightning.

Having said that, it's probably simply an artistic choice. I still like it.
I see red, too

Kradan

Kradan

Heads are too pointy and lack the curve and pronounced lobe to be straight up Neomorphs

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 05, 2022, 10:08:48 PM
That's why it feels refreshingly oldschool, in promo art Aliens used to be often given a green hue irrespective of their surroundings, this feels like that but with the Neomorph.

I like that take

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I think all the changes are just artistic license. They also have Alien 3 mouths.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I've always kind of interpreted the Neos as having a less defined form than the proper Alien anyways. They're less refined, a bit lumpy, and can vary in details like the paintings of the head, etc.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Do we know who did the cover? The more I look at it the more I get some Den Beauvais vibes.

I don't think it is him, but it definitely recalls his work if you ask me.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Not yet. Trying to find out who it was.

But I totally love it too. It's a huge step in the right direction, and I do like it more than Charbydis' cover. It's not giving me complete Bantam vibes, but it's just all around a genuinely good piece of artwork and far exceeds the photoshop bashes that the interns have been cranking out. I really hope that Titan continue this.

VincentVegaFFF

VincentVegaFFF

Nice cover!

Alex86UK

Alex86UK

Don't Olivia and Zula live in different times?
Zula was in comics with Amanda (2130s)
Olivia is a Colonel in Fireteam Elite, set in 2202

Unless they bring cryosleep into it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed