Aliens V. Predator Ultimate Prey - AvP Anthology

Started by BryanThomasS, Jan 07, 2021, 08:18:28 PM

Author
Aliens V. Predator Ultimate Prey - AvP Anthology (Read 62,886 times)

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

I think companies should focus about good stories instead of diversity majority of people buy stories to be entertained not because the main character or the author  has the same skin color,sexuality as them or politics.But what you're saying makes me hopefull for this book.So i will wait to see how good this book is.But why would titan books put all this stuff just put a summary of some of the short stories that will get people excited for this book not this stuff.Also why did y'all wait till now to make this book now why not after the last anthology book when there would have been a lot more hype for this book.

SM

SM

Good stories that involve characters that aren't the white male default are not mutually exclusive.

QuoteAlso why did y'all wait till now to make this book now why not after the last anthology book when there would have been a lot more hype for this book.

Bryan already answered this - "Folks, the fact is we had each pitched AvP anthos since 2017 when Bug Hunt and If It Bleeds came out."  It's not his call when the book gets made, that's up to Titan.

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

Thing is these character gender,race,and sexuality didn't define who they were people like them due to their personality or flaws they were human.Most SJWS seem to think there character being gay is enough character development.Also to like star wars the last jedi you must really hate the orginal star wars and it's EU

BryanThomasS

I will remind you guys there was diversity in the stories in If It Bleeds and none of the criticisms I ever heard about those stories ever complained about that. It is possible to use diverse writers and diverse characters without losing the heart of what people love about xeno and Yautja stories. That's what we'll be focused on. Maberry and I are fans.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Bug hunt wilson on Jan 27, 2021, 03:15:18 AM
I think companies should focus about good stories instead of diversity majority of people buy stories to be entertained not because the main character or the author  has the same skin color,sexuality as them or politics.But what you're saying makes me hopefull for this book.So i will wait to see how good this book is.But why would titan books put all this stuff just put a summary of some of the short stories that will get people excited for this book not this stuff.Also why did y'all wait till now to make this book now why not after the last anthology book when there would have been a lot more hype for this book.

Lie! If you're only interested in a good story, you shouldn't be complaining about diversity in the first place  :laugh:

SM

Quote from: BryanThomasS on Jan 27, 2021, 03:53:41 AM
I will remind you guys there was diversity in the stories in If It Bleeds and none of the criticisms I ever heard about those stories ever complained about that. It is possible to use diverse writers and diverse characters without losing the heart of what people love about xeno and Yautja stories. That's what we'll be focused on. Maberry and I are fans.

Indeed.  The diversity has been there all along.

Quote from: Bug hunt wilson on Jan 27, 2021, 03:40:32 AM
Thing is these character gender,race,and sexuality didn't define who they were people like them due to their personality or flaws they were human.Most SJWS seem to think there character being gay is enough character development.Also to like star wars the last jedi you must really hate the orginal star wars and it's EU

What a dumb thing to say.

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

You're going to have to explain why you think it dumb

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

You're right I had no problem with the diverse characters my favorite character was the Indian dude in predator gameworld he grew up in a poor area and he was fighting in there so his kids didn't had as much of a hard life as him if I remember correctly.The problem I have with this summary is that you seem to be worrying about diversity first and good story telling second all you to do is make it naturally flow and then make it subtle boom you have a good book.

BryanThomasS

The problem you have, Wilson, is with your interpretation and assumptions about what I am saying. If you meant what you said about being encouraged by words and giving it a chance, you should do that. You're arguing with yourself and your expectations. I can't answer for that. It's not who I am. The book will speak for itself. If It Bleeds did.

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

Okay I am starting to see what you mean now and yes I will give it a chance.I am glad you told the writers to keep it subtle it seems most comic book and book companies dont seem to do that anymore and the writers ruin what could be great books.

SM

Quote from: Bug hunt wilson on Jan 27, 2021, 04:05:35 AM
You're going to have to explain why you think it dumb

Just for you...

I've been a fan of Star Wars since 1977, consumed a massive chunk of the EU throughout the 1980s through to the early 2000s.  And l still liked the Last Jedi for doing something different.

Ergo - your comment is dumb.

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

So you like the last jedi for destroying a franchise grow up with since you was a kid.

Nightmare Asylum

I'm also going to hop in and say that I love Lucas' whole Star Wars saga, and that I also love The Last Jedi (despite not being big on the two JJ Abrams efforts).

RidgeTop

Let's try not to completely derail this thread, folks.

SM

Quote from: Bug hunt wilson on Jan 27, 2021, 04:47:13 AM
So you like the last jedi for destroying a franchise grow up with since you was a kid.

It was destroyed?  Wasn't there another movie, some books, comics, games and a bunch of TV shows?  Did I miss something?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed