ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 386,880 times)

Kimarhi

Sil came from PAVP?

Bruh. 

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Sep 21, 2014, 10:20:50 PM
I appreciate your disappointment that this elaborate fantasy you concocted where everything with an Alien logo on it was somehow canonical, has been all for naught, but Fox owns the thing and they call the shots.
FOX has been calling the shots for years, and you were singing a very different tune when they were saying other things were canon as well.
Not that I'm complaining, your new EU-inclusive outlook is pretty refreshing and I heartily support it. :)

I'm waiting to see how much of the "old EU" the new stuff actually wipes out. I remember people talking about how the DH Press novels or the 2009 relaunch comics would abandon the "old EU", and then they ended up doing the exact opposite and directly referenced the old EU. Whoops! :P
I wouldn't be surprised if they took the new Star Wars "canon" approach, where old stuff is "not canon" but could be referenced and reactivated as "canon" by new stuff. I'd be pretty okay with that I think.

Corporal Hicks

Okay guys and girls - if we're going to turn this into an EU/canon thread then please start a new one.

Predxeno, please read what others are saying instead of ignoring the issue and frustrating people.

Cvalda, that doesn't give you permission to be a dick. And it happens too frequently from the looks of it. Please enjoy a 7 day sabbatical and come back with a different attitude.

SiL

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 22, 2014, 05:18:02 AM
Sil came from PAVP?

Bruh.
Heck yeah. I was one of the staff members for a while, even. A group of us have a Skype group chat going that's been on for the last ... 6 years?

locusta

Wow, that escalated  :o

At least, if most people overlook the canon thing a bit, you can still enjoy the book for it´s looks :)

Russ

Quote from: SiL on Sep 22, 2014, 05:09:40 AM
What? No we weren't. Most people were screaming "comics aren't canon!" Did you never read the "Ask Me Anything About ALIENS" thread?

I searched for that thread. And couldn't find it. Then I realised it was probably on the other forum.

This is another of today's many epic fails on my behalf. I should have stayed in bed....

gabgrave

Not meaning to add oil to the fire but...
Damn, I left PAVP back in 2004, and they're STILL talking about Alien3? :o ::)

Corporal Hicks

Topic guys. Please make a PAvP thread elsewhere.

predxeno

Bringing things back to topic, not many people answered my original question; is anybody planning on buying the $360 collector's edition?  I'm undecided.

Ultramorph

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 22, 2014, 03:12:07 PM
Bringing things back to topic, not many people answered my original question; is anybody planning on buying the $360 collector's edition?  I'm undecided.

There's no chance that I spend that much. Hopefully the regular edition is more reasonably priced, because I love these table-top sort of books.

Local Trouble

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 22, 2014, 03:12:07 PM

I'm holding out for the platinum-trimmed, diamond-encrusted edition with the foreword by SM.

Kimarhi

I want SM dogtags. 

Vrastal

Is ther going to be a cheaper version? substantially cheaper hopefully

predxeno

Yes, there's going to be a retail version but I don't know if the $360 version will have things the retail won't, to be honest.

SM

Quote from: Nazrel on Sep 23, 2014, 01:51:26 AM
Is ther going to be a cheaper version? substantially cheaper hopefully

To my knowledge there are no immediate plans.  But I'd be surprised if that didn't change.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed