Box Office Takings for The Predator

Started by Tetsujin, Jul 20, 2018, 05:00:59 PM

Author
Box Office Takings for The Predator (Read 82,728 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 12, 2018, 08:10:19 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 12, 2018, 07:59:27 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Oct 12, 2018, 07:42:58 PMAnd besides, there's really only one true "predator killer". As far as engaging and killing en masse goes, that is.

I think you meant to say "predator fodder"  ;)

https://expresselevatortohell.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/grid-vs-celtic-avp-aliens-vs-predator.gif

Ah yes, right before he was killed by the alien.  ;)

That's because Aliens are so dimwitted that Predators tend to toy with them too much...  ;D

The Old One

The Old One

Rather Predators are so arrogant and prideful, thus to underestimate their opponents- which is without exception their fatal flaw.

Scarface learned, that's why he's the best one.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 12, 2018, 08:27:09 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Oct 12, 2018, 08:10:19 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 12, 2018, 07:59:27 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Oct 12, 2018, 07:42:58 PMAnd besides, there's really only one true "predator killer". As far as engaging and killing en masse goes, that is.

I think you meant to say "predator fodder"  ;)

https://expresselevatortohell.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/grid-vs-celtic-avp-aliens-vs-predator.gif

Ah yes, right before he was killed by the alien.  ;)

That's because Aliens are so dimwitted that Predators tend to toy with them too much...  ;D

https://media1.giphy.com/media/13enAYoSoxyUne/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5bc102c7574e744b6faf2066

Ah, the college days. You conveniently gloss over the fact that Xeno graduated with honors, and a degree in biomechanical engineering. Pred however, well, I didn't know art history was crucial to selling cotton candy.  ;D

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 12, 2018, 08:30:58 PM
Rather Predators are so arrogant and prideful, thus to underestimate their opponents- which is without exception their fatal flaw.

Scarface learned, that's why he's the best one.

Touché

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 12, 2018, 08:32:10 PM

Ah, the college days. You conveniently gloss over the fact that Xeno graduated with honors, and a degree in biomechanical engineering. Pred however, well, I didn't know art history was crucial to selling cotton candy.  ;D

LOL!  You win!

The Old One

The Old One

Dead for twenty years then?

BigDaddyJohn

As expected, at least by me  ;D

Voodoo Magic

$125,711,768 Million so far with France (Oct. 17) and the biggie China (Oct. 26) still to go.  Estimates have it finishing 170-180M.

Nah, Predator will be back, just with a lower budget

Perfect-Organism

Fox never quite grasped what was the big draw with Predator.  It was an ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER film!  Arnie fighting an Alien.  That's what it was about.  The same goes for the Aliens series.  It was about Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) vs. the Aliens.  It's been diminishing returns ever since these films deviated from their hedgehog concept, with every subsequent film aping the original recipe while getting more-or-less diminishing returns.

Here is my bet.  If the next Predator film brought back Arnold Schwarzenegger in a starring role it would be a hit.  If the next Aliens film brought back Sigourney Weaver and the surviving stars from Aliens and continued where that movie left off, it would be a hit.  Other wise, every film skirts around the recipe yet does not quite deliver.

The Old One

The Old One

Ellen Ripley's story is over.

Alan Dutch Schaefer returning as a mentor/leader or even antagonist still could work though.

Whos_Nick

They spent way too much on this film and Black was not the guy to revive it. The whole action comedy thing didn't work for people, but we kinda knew it was doomed when the script leaked last year.

Nathsp

Nathsp

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Oct 14, 2018, 05:18:45 PM
They spent way too much on this film and Black was not the guy to revive it. The whole action comedy thing didn't work for people, but we kinda knew it was doomed when the script leaked last year.
Everyone saw that the script was bad as hell, why fox let him continue with it? They had to see the crap done to realise it?

Perfect-Organism

Why do I have a feeling one of these days I'm going to go see The Predator finally and I'm really going to enjoy it?  Never fails.  Whenever someone poo-poos a film, it turns out good.  Ahhh, low expectations..

The Old One

The Old One

I enjoyed it, in the moment for one viewing- that doesn't mean it's good, or even worth owning on home media.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed