Box Office Takings for The Predator

Started by Tetsujin, Jul 20, 2018, 05:00:59 PM

Author
Box Office Takings for The Predator (Read 82,403 times)

viendammage

Quote from: Nathsp on Oct 01, 2018, 03:39:40 PM
Quote from: Russ840 on Oct 01, 2018, 03:37:08 PM
Iron man 3, to me, is the best film of the 3.  Perhaps not the best 'Iron Man' movie but i find it to be a better film overal.  I just cant help but love me some Shane Black dialogue.

I think iron man 1 is miles away from 2 and 3.. I even preffee iron man 2 than 3..

To me Iron Man 2 is weakest because it just gives you more of what you liked from part 1 without adding anything to it. I had fun with 3 because it takes Tony out of his element and enjoyed The Mandarin twist which was pretty gutsy. Maybe people felt cheated based on the trailers but that means they did a good job of marketing and you probably wouldn't appreciate a Lo-Pan style Chinese sorcerer in 2000 whatever. Plus Ben Kingsley was hilarious as the drunk actor.

Shane Black is best when it's a few characters bickering, Riggs and Murtaugh's odd couple aesthetic in Lethal Weapon, etc. and it worked well for the most part in The Predator with the misfits. It's a messy film to be sure but entertaining.

The Old One

The Old One

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3524478/nobody-attends-hell-fest-predator-spine-ripped-box-office/

Predator & AVP -"We exist together now, two corpses in one grave."

felix

felix

At least it broke past the $100 million mark. That's a small comfort.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Last time I'm going to ask >> stop sniping at each other and be civil. You can both have this conversation without being rude.

Also I'm not interested in excuses or any such. Leave it alone. Continue on with the actual topic.

And snipped. That's all gone. That was nothing more than personal sniping and it's not welcome here.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: felix on Oct 02, 2018, 06:41:19 AM

Too small for its budget. It have not even reached the 2x the budget mark. That would make this the biggest financial failure of all the movies so far. Shane and the studio failed this, they could have made a great movie but they wee too incompetent for that. If only Shane hadn't come up with his bad script or Fox hadn't accepted him we could have gotten maybe a Predators sequel or hell... any other idea might have done better than Shane's.

Voodoo Magic

As of Oct 1st: Worldwide: $116,499,914 and growing.

When all is said and done, China could be the deciding factor if The Predator is at a loss / breaks even / mild success.

skull-splitter

Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 03, 2018, 03:20:34 PM

Too small for its budget. It have not even reached the 2x the budget mark. That would make this the biggest financial failure of all the movies so far. Shane and the studio failed this, they could have made a great movie but they wee too incompetent for that. If only Shane hadn't come up with his bad script or Fox hadn't accepted him we could have gotten maybe a Predators sequel or hell... any other idea might have done better than Shane's.
Yip. And John Davis was there when they made both AvP-R and Predators, if you mix those you get The Predator, just with added snappy dialogue.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: skull-splitter on Oct 04, 2018, 07:32:14 AM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 03, 2018, 03:20:34 PM

Yip. And John Davis was there when they made both AvP-R and Predators, if you mix those you get The Predator, just with added snappy dialogue.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

SiL

SiL

He was also there when they made Predator and Predator 2.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: SiL on Oct 04, 2018, 12:00:02 PM
He was also there when they made Predator and Predator 2.
Yup, he was also the one that got McTiernan and Arnold on board, Arnold got Stan Winston on board... the rest is history.

He's not the devil.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 04, 2018, 12:30:01 PM
He's not the devil.

Let's leave Randy Pitchford out of this, shall we?  ;)

Engineer

Lmfao

Voodoo Magic

Box Office: If 'The Predator' Had Only Cost As Much As 'Predators,' It Would Already Be A Hit

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/10/08/box-office-if-the-predator-only-cost-as-much-as-predators-it-wouldve-been-a-hit/

goose_3387

I know there was reshoots but I'm still baffled as to how they spent so much making this movie. Given the actors, shooting locations, questionable CGI, it looks a $40/50 million movie at best.

Given Larry Fong was hired I was looking forward to seeing his influence yet compared to his other work there was no evidence he was behind a camera.

Nathsp

Nathsp

Quote from: goose_3387 on Oct 10, 2018, 07:19:00 AM
I know there was reshoots but I'm still baffled as to how they spent so much making this movie. Given the actors, shooting locations, questionable CGI, it looks a $40/50 million movie at best.

Given Larry Fong was hired I was looking forward to seeing his influence yet compared to his other work there was no evidence he was behind a camera.

They acepted a script that was trash, they saw it in the testscreens when it was late, so they tried to safe something via reshoots, and enden may be worse.
So for me the main problem is why the hell they go ahed with that shitty script, the excuse of the daylight cgi is also that, an excuse

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed