More Casting: ROOM breakout Jacob Tremblay to star in Shane Black's The Predato

Started by ace3g, Jan 25, 2017, 05:30:11 PM

Author
More Casting: ROOM breakout Jacob Tremblay to star in Shane Black's The Predato (Read 43,676 times)

Keith

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 26, 2017, 04:47:01 PM
Lol some of you seriously want just another "A group of XYZ(people with guns) in the location of ABC(probably desert, you guys have such a desert boner. Story and characters > location) get picked off one by one by an alien hunter, while one character during the beginning of Act 3 makes a reference to Dutch's team).

Amazing.

Well, when I watch a Predator film, I don't want to see some bastardized version of "Close Encounters" instead.

BishopShouldGo

Too bad. Shane and Fred are redefining what a traditional "Predator" film is. This'll be a great shot in the arm for the franchise. You want Ten Little Indians, you can watch the other five Predator movies. A Spielbergian, R-rated Predator film from Shane Black is coming our way. Man, you guys ain't ever had it so good.

You can go to The Cheesecake Factory any ol' day, but tonight you're having Il Fornaio.

genocyber

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 27, 2017, 01:22:09 AM
Too bad. Shane and Fred are redefining what a traditional "Predator" film is. This'll be a great shot in the arm for the franchise. You want Ten Little Indians, you can watch the other five Predator movies. A Spielbergian, R-rated Predator film from Shane Black is coming our way. Man, you guys ain't ever had it so good.

You can go to The Cheesecake Factory any ol' day, but tonight you're having Il Fornaio.

Keith

That's not what I ordered.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Keith on Jan 27, 2017, 02:12:15 AM

Well said  :D

Keith

If the film doesn't follow the structure of a Predator film, then it's not a Predator film. It's PINO (Predator In Name Only).

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: Keith on Jan 27, 2017, 04:19:12 AM
If the film doesn't follow the structure of a Predator film, then it's not a Predator film. It's PINO (Predator In Name Only).

I disagree. Movies in a single franchise do not need to follow the same structure of storytelling. Especially when it comes to The Predator - it's a franchise with so much left to explore. I don't fault them for not rehashing the same story.

QuoteThat's not what I ordered.

At least you don't have to pay lol

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Keith on Jan 27, 2017, 02:12:15 AM

You don't have to eat at this restaurant.

Corporal Hicks

The last time Predator fans were given a film that followed the Predator formula, there was a lot of complaining (I still dig Predators though). Personally I'm really looking forward to something that breaks the mold a bit. I've always said Predator is an incredibly versatile series, it just needs the chance to play with that versatility. And hopefully Black pulls it off in a convincing way.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 27, 2017, 08:35:59 AM
The last time Predator fans were given a film that followed the Predator formula, there was a lot of complaining (I still dig Predators though). Personally I'm really looking forward to something that breaks the mold a bit. I've always said Predator is an incredibly versatile series, it just needs the chance to play with that versatility. And hopefully Black pulls it off in a convincing way.
Absolutely, just look at the hundreds of comic books, partly with very interesting storylines that would make awesome movies, fans even wanted a pirate Predator movie because of P2's elder... yet, people always seem to want the same movie over and over and when they get it (Predators) they call "knock-off!". I love this franchise, but man... that fan community...  :-\

Hard ass commando in jungle? Check
Detective action in LA? Check

Let's move on.

genocyber

Having a team of hard asses is not a bad formula to have, just don't put them back in the jungle again. Personally I would have put the Predator in the middle of a war zone somewhere in Africa.

Corporal Hicks

HuDaFuK

Yeah, the idea that this film should be just like the previous ones ridiculous.

Go down that route and you get The Force Awakens-style soulless rehashing. I'd much rather they tried something new.

Master

Master

It's not really about the setting, though I'd love some desert action, but about the plot.

My main problem with Ps is not about what it rehashed from P1(even though it was annoying) but what it teased and didn't deliver  ("Shit you wouldn't believe" and we don't,  cause we haven't seen any).

What I'd love to see (and I've been saying it for years) is reversed scenario. Make Predator on the run. Show us super prepared human task force  with equipment and man power to actually go after predator. Go big! Give them tanks and choopers! Make the creature vulnerable, wounded and chased. Then reverse the plot again and show us the Predator live up to its name! Garber was told he'll get another chance and I want this chance taken.

What I don't want to see is autistic kid decyphering Predator symbols. It's stupid. Autism is a disease. Just like jumping into toxic waste,  it doesn't give you super powers, just makes your life harder. You know what. Make kid straight forward psychic,  like Forest Whitaker in Species. It's as unrealistic as autism superpowers, but much less convoulted.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed