Still Out There...

Started by Frosty Venom, Apr 30, 2019, 06:41:12 AM

Author
Still Out There... (Read 5,812 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on May 01, 2019, 11:08:59 AM
QuoteIf he agrees that there's a whole lot of 'splaining to do then hey awesome, I think we're on the same page.
One might have very, very easily inferred that's what he was saying from the outset with "if they stick on that trajectory they'll have to trace back to him eventually" but hey.
I acknowledge that he said as much in his most recent post. Looks like we're on the same page! :)

SiL

SiL

And it only took a single page of utterly unnecessary obfuscation to get there! New record!

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on May 01, 2019, 11:13:49 AM
And it only took a single page of utterly unnecessary obfuscation to get there! New record!
Not unnecessary, I was expressing an opinion that even if we agreed, it's still profoundly stupid. :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

We've got there. Let's leave it at that before I rip out some hair.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on May 01, 2019, 09:03:10 AM
WYR says the Derelict was rendered unviable as a source of eggs after the destruction of Hadley.

The ambiguity of that never made sense to me.  If the derelict was rendered unviable to the point that Ripley's blood was the only alternative, why not just say it was obliterated in the explosion?  Why the euphemistic language?

Or are we only talking about David now?

SiL

SiL

Because the egg hold could have collapsed and destroyed the eggs, but other parts of the ship might remain intact for further exploration and exploitation.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Even destroyed eggs should offer salvageable remains.  On the other hand, if they were irradiated...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It just gives them a little wiggle room in terms of future stories.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

In case they want to retread Hankerson from Earth War?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 01, 2019, 11:41:14 AM
Even destroyed eggs should offer salvageable remains.  On the other hand, if they were irradiated...

IIRC they actually went down that route for AvP Classic.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Since an AvP game would be pointless without aliens, I can only assume that the irradiated eggs survived.

SiL

SiL

Some of them were infertile, some not.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Did the fertile ones spawn ridiculous mutant versions?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Ha. No, that was all ACM.  :laugh: Though Classic did have the Xenoborgs and PredAliens that were the result of messing about creating a hybrid with gene therapy and whathaveyou rather than just bursting from a Predator.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed