Survivor Mode

Started by TITANOSAUR, Jul 16, 2016, 04:00:54 AM

Author
Survivor Mode (Read 997 times)

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

I know it's nothing to do with the story line, but I gotta ask. anyone ever finish the survivor mode of the game? I can't even play through the first one without poor Ripley getting her face f**ked by Mr. Stompy. or maybe I'm just only good with the story mode. Also, when in the vents, why does the alien not retreat from the flamethrower? I gave Mr. Stompy a good blast with the flames of Inferno and it didn't mean shit to him like it normally would send him screaming and fleeing.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

I gave up!Its so hard.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jul 16, 2016, 10:56:16 PM
I gave up!Its so hard.

Kinda gotta agree unfortunately. I barely made any progress because the survivor mode didn't have med kits, I get it's survivor mode, but my god have some mercy. and the first map is so small so theres such short time windows to make progress before Mr. Stompy drops down again hunting for you.

Xenomania

Xenomania

I've bought a couple of survivor maps, but I've only finished the Safe Haven DLC (it feels most like the main game).

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: TITANOSAUR on Jul 17, 2016, 11:23:50 AM
Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jul 16, 2016, 10:56:16 PM
I gave up!Its so hard.

Kinda gotta agree unfortunately. I barely made any progress because the survivor mode didn't have med kits, I get it's survivor mode, but my god have some mercy. and the first map is so small so theres such short time windows to make progress before Mr. Stompy drops down again hunting for you.
I think they rushed it.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

I bought the game and all dlc bundled for cheap.

I've beaten everything it has to offer, but I have not done every objective on every level, or beaten safe haven or lost contact more than once. I got to rank 10 on the leaderboards for quickest time on a level called blast seat on pc version.

As I found the game easy, I found all of it's dlc trivially easy. I was more at risk of the game crashing or hard locking my whole computer despite being able to max the settings.

As for your trouble with the game, did you know you can raise the tracker which will show you a green bar that tells you where to go? I finished the main game once on hard without knowing that. Second advice is to throw flares where you want the alien to go. It's basically every bit as useful as the noisemaker, and the preferred way to get distance between you and the alien. Third advice is that you can't go wrong playing as either of the two ripleys (on every level except overrun), as only they start off with the flamethrower. You should not need any med kits for any level accept safe haven and lost contact. If you really are taking health damage it means you're into asphyxiating yourself or getting beat up and thrown around, which says a lot about you.  :-X

The reason the alien gets you while in the vents is basically because in there it becomes a charging bull that prefers to go straight through you. I have repelled the creature in the vents before but only with the greatest possible distance between us that the flamer would effect it.

Xenomania

Xenomania

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Sep 18, 2016, 01:28:07 AMAs for your trouble with the game, did you know you can raise the tracker which will show you a green bar that tells you where to go? I finished the main game once on hard without knowing that.
Yeah, not knowing where to go was my biggest problem with survivor until I remembered that green bar - made everything a whole lot less stressful and once you figure out the level layout you don't really need it anymore either. :)

As for the vents, I usually avoid going into them if the Alien is around.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed