Aliens-Themed Planet Coaster Track

Started by RidgeTop, Jan 09, 2018, 03:48:25 AM

Author
Aliens-Themed Planet Coaster Track (Read 3,967 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Some major props to Hin Nya who put this epic track together. VR support would also be pretty sweet.
I'd love it if Disney actually did something like this. Obviously the scale and length of this would be pretty much impossible to build outside of a virtual environment, but a similar type idea. That's if they would ever dare feature the Alien property in one of their parks.

newbeing

Wow that was pretty exhilarating. Great use of the lighting, sound, and assets. Would love it if Disney had something similar.

Stitch

Stitch

That was awesome. I'd love to take a VR tour on that!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Has anyone been able to find a download link for the ride? I'm not sure on how you're supposed to be able to do that.

Just from watching the video though, that was awesome! Very Alien, Aliens and Alien: Isolation! I don't particularly like roller coasters but I'd be willing to give that a go if it was real! Really well put together and put together with a love for the series!

x-M-x

x-M-x

god damn.... this need to be built ASAP

Whiskeybrewer

Lol brilliant

Xeno from Chino

Xeno from Chino

Very cool. Wish it was a real coaster.

iain

iain

When I was a kid there was a VR ride called The Imaginator in Piccadilly Circus by the Trocadero...this would have been great for that ride!

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jan 09, 2018, 03:48:25 AMI'd love it if Disney actually did something like this. Obviously the scale and length of this would be pretty much impossible to build outside of a virtual environment, but a similar type idea. That's if they would ever dare feature the Alien property in one of their parks.

Well they did have that Alien section of The Great Movie Ride at MGM Studios in Orlando, so it wouldn't be entirely without precedent.

And yeah, this looks really great! It almost feels like a concept animatic for an actual ride. The use of various tracks from the films gave it a really epic feel, as well as other things like the sound of the motion tracker at that one part. And just the fact that he was able to make the Queen look that good is really impressive in and of itself, and the inclusion of Isolation stuff was cool to see too. Very, very well done indeed!

I'm also not a big fan of rollercoasters (too intense for me! :laugh:), but given that if this was actually real it would be equal parts dark ride as well, and doesn't look *too* crazy (as in, no drops from 50 miles up in the air :laugh:) I'd definitely be standing in line for a go on it too.

Huggs

Huggs

That was beyond amazing. What a fun and unexpected thing to see today. Even though I can't stand roller coasters, if this was real, they couldn't pry me off with a ham sandwich. I hope we see a sequel to this, racing through the tunnels on fury 161 would be sweet.

DaveT937

That. Was. Incredible.

Phew. I'm knackered after watching that. Amazing effort, with such creativity!

BobcatSquad

BobcatSquad

Someone needs to build this now and make it a reality haha. I would sell an arm and a leg. I dont really like roller coasters but I would definitely go on this one, looks like a lot of fun. Imagine if there was a gift shop aswell, I would probably buy everything. ^.^

KKurtz

KKurtz

Amazing!  I am a huge Alien franchise fan and would love to see this built....yes "build it and they will come" applies to this as well!  I would never get tired of riding this.  Not a fan of roller coasters but I'd definitively be on this one.  What an awesome job he did developing this and incorporating all the nods from those films here too.  Much respect! Make this a reality please

D. Compton Ambrose

Cool beans. :)

mez86

mez86

If u have planet coaster installed you should be able to find it on the steam workshop if they have uploaded it. Hin Nya is his YouTube name

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed