System Shock (remake)

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 28, 2017, 12:52:12 PM

Author
System Shock (remake) (Read 6,661 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

QuoteWe've gathered a team of industry veterans from games like Fallout: New Vegas, Mass Effect, and BioShock to create a faithful reboot of the classic game we all know and love. In System Shock, you'll take on the role of a resourceful hacker as you explore and survive the terrors of Citadel Station brought on by a rogue AI named SHODAN. 

To ensure this reboot is as true to the original as possible, we've been collaborating with the original developers of System Shock 1.  Understanding what they would do differently and keep the same has helped us to refresh a classic in ways Looking Glass Studios would have.

We're making System Shock for gamers that missed the opportunity to appreciate the original, and for the dedicated fans of System Shock 1.  We love talking to our backers, so please help support this project and share your thoughts as we make the best System Shock for all of you!

— Nightdive Studios

http://systemshock.com/

Stitch

Stitch

Been following this for awhile. Looking good!

Randomizer

Randomizer

You tellin' me there's never been a thread till now?

I really have to finish the original.  :D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've always only been vaguely aware of this series but the remake looks pretty damn intense. Definitely going to pick this one up.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Played this before the alpha wasn't that impressed...

but where the hell is SS3? last update on that was may 2016 i think lol

lost dragon

lost dragon

As much as i loved the Bioshock Trilogy (started the series on PS3, switched to 360 for the sequels and then played through entire series again on PS4), they have paled next to my love of System Shock II on the PC.

So, having never played the original System Shock...i have mixed feelings about this.

Will it feel dated compared to what came after it or refreshing?.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Considering System Shock 2 wasn't really System Shock 2 until later in the development, i'd say it won't matter too much.

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Like Hicks I was aware of the series. I like the atmosphere in this, it reminds me of Isolation. The combat and enemies don't do much for me. I hope that changes with more resources in the kickstarter. If all that improves I'll be glad to play this classic remade.

Wweyland

Wweyland

I am a big fan of this series. System Shock 2 is my favorite game of all time. Only played the first one very briefly so it would be great to finally get to finish it. Also, there is a demo and its great!
https://kotaku.com/system-shocks-remaster-already-has-a-playable-demo-and-1782773803

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Is that available for download anywhere?

Wweyland

Wweyland

It was at one point in Steam but it seems to have disappeared from the internet. I am quite sure I didn't imagine playing it in 2016. It was a playable first level of the game with about 15 minutes of gameplay.

Naissus

Naissus

Olde

Olde

Anyone else see a connection between this and the Giger art? It was the first thing that stuck out to me. Maybe the original Shodan image is based on something like this.

Also if I recall correctly, the Alpha was critically panned because it played like a bad FPS. The trailer doesn't look like it deviates at all from the Alpha, which might mean it bodes poorly for the game.

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

QuoteAlso if I recall correctly, the Alpha was critically panned because it played like a bad FPS. The trailer doesn't look like it deviates at all from the Alpha, which might mean it bodes poorly for the game.

I hope not. I love the atmosphere in the trailer. However, I cannot deny the combat and enemy A.I. seemed underwhelming.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I might have to get this since the movement controls in the original are painfully dated. As in, having to click/drag the mouse in a certain direction to turn dated. 2 is great, would be better if it was less ball bustingly hard and the last two levels and the ending were't crap.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed