A34K Project Update

Started by BlueMarsalis79, Dec 15, 2022, 01:06:01 PM

Author
A34K Project Update (Read 2,537 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I refer to the computer generated Alien skittering away from the Ox after being born created wholesale for the Assembly Cut version. 

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Dec 28, 2022, 06:29:33 PMI was just going to let it ride.  ;D

Anyone a decent editor or any good with credits VFX? Asking for the author.

He wants some assistance with editing the opening. 
Wish I was good enough. Always wanted to be a filmmaker, but that didn't end up happening.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Dec 26, 2022, 01:42:42 PMNo more a fan edit than the vaunted "Assembly Cut"
So this is an official Fox release?

I'm an editor and could help, but it depends on what they're asking for help with.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: SiL on Dec 30, 2022, 08:55:58 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Dec 26, 2022, 01:42:42 PMNo more a fan edit than the vaunted "Assembly Cut"

I'm an editor and could help, but it depends on what they're asking for help with.
Fairly certain it's a fan edit, not an official release.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Stitch on Dec 30, 2022, 08:57:27 PM

Exactly. Whereas the Assembly Cut is an official release.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: SiL on Dec 30, 2022, 08:59:24 PM
Quote from: Stitch on Dec 30, 2022, 08:57:27 PM

Exactly. Whereas the Assembly Cut is an official release.

I was hoping for a 4k fan upgrade of an official release too - whilst I'm sure the project will be interesting to some, it lost a lot of its appeal to me knowing it's being messed with, and the awesome work seen in the YouTube video seems wasted (to me anyways). Only way I might dabble would be perhaps if it was cutting footage to make a clean version of the workprint 😅

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I can not see myself ever going back to a version with shitty compositing and that opening if I have another option.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I sense another argument brewing.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Corridor Digital thought it the equivalent of one for all genuine intents and purposes.

As for what the editor wants, to recut the opening, whilst keeping the credits within it intact and essentially to make the removal of the Egg and Facehugger(s) from the opening seamless.

I can provide a way to contact him if you are genuinely interested in helping out.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Dec 30, 2022, 10:00:18 PMCorridor Digital thought it the equivalent of one for all genuine intents and purposes.
If Fox isn't releasing it, it's a fan cut. It's really that simple.

That's not an insult or an indication of quality, it's just what it is. And sometimes, though incredibly rarely - by which I mean I can only think of one - fan cuts become official releases.

QuoteAs for what the editor wants, to recut the opening, whilst keeping the credits within it intact and essentially to make the removal of the Egg and Facehugger(s) from the opening seamless.

I can provide a way to contact him if you are genuinely interested in helping out.
Please do

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

PM sent, hope it goes well.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: SiL on Dec 30, 2022, 10:06:13 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Dec 30, 2022, 10:00:18 PMCorridor Digital thought it the equivalent of one for all genuine intents and purposes.
If Fox isn't releasing it, it's a fan cut. It's really that simple.

That's not an insult or an indication of quality, it's just what it is. And sometimes, though incredibly rarely - by which I mean I can only think of one - fan cuts become official releases.

Waterworld the Ulysses cut?

SiL

SiL

Raising Cain by Brian de Palma.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed