Aliens Expanded - A New Aliens Documentary Announced

Started by Darkness, Apr 26, 2022, 08:03:14 PM

Author
Aliens Expanded - A New Aliens Documentary Announced (Read 25,964 times)

SiL

Are casuals their target market?

Like if you give a shit about deep dive documentaries on the movie, you've probably seen the existing deep dives.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Sep 11, 2022, 07:29:28 AMAre casuals their target market?

Like if you give a shit about deep dive documentaries on the movie, you've probably seen the existing deep dives.

Yeah it seems contradictory, but the only other options are deeply cynical marketing or being genuinely ignorant of all the other major Aliens BTS work.

SiL

Or the people new enough to be both deeply interested but not familiar with existing works, I guess.

Some Old Dude

For what it's worth, I attended a Q&A screening of the Terminator with Michael Biehn present and he denied any involvement with this documentary there.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Sep 11, 2022, 09:58:00 AMOr the people new enough to be both deeply interested but not familiar with existing works, I guess.

Could be the case. Guessing this still doesn't have a release date? If it's intended to drop around the same time as the Alvarez and Hawley Alien stuff that could be an alright move on their part.

Corporal Hicks

They're just discussion generation, folk. It's not just another behind-the-scenes look at the film. It's a component, sure, but as I keep repeating it seems to want focus more on the impact it had on people and on cinema, and as a franchise. CdL's involved in it too as a guest.

Corporal Hicks

BlueMarsalis79

I wonder what he's up to now then.

426Buddy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 11, 2022, 11:44:03 AMThey're just discussion generation, folk. It's not just another behind-the-scenes look at the film. It's a component, sure, but as I keep repeating it seems to want focus more on the impact it had on people and on cinema, and as a franchise. CdL's involved in it too as a guest.

I think most folk are missing this point. Not sure if others have watched their previous docs but they are enjoyable.

I got my son's name in the credits of In Search of Tomorrow.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 11, 2022, 01:13:46 PMI think most folk are missing this point. Not sure if others have watched their previous docs but they are enjoyable.

I don't watch any of this stuff, I was just speculating entirely off the back of the post I replied to.

SiL

Their latest discussion piece said he "remains the most hands-on director in history".

I can't take this project seriously. I just can't.

Local Trouble

They should re-title it:

Spoiler
Aliens EXPLAINED
[close]

Corporal Hicks

All being well - still nailing down the date - the producer/creator of CreatorVC and the writer/director of the documentary are joining me for a chat next week. Please feel free to share any (serious/genuine) questions you have about the project.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: SiL on Sep 12, 2022, 08:18:16 AMTheir latest discussion piece said he "remains the most hands-on director in history".

I can't take this project seriously. I just can't.

This type of stuff will do the opposite of what the documentary aims to for the reputation of the film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed