Neill Blomkamp Shares New Alien 5 Concept Art

Started by RidgeTop, Dec 27, 2017, 04:04:57 AM

Author
Neill Blomkamp Shares New Alien 5 Concept Art (Read 73,963 times)

SM

I don't know why it'd be judged ridiculous without any context.

Xenomrph

My Lars von Trier suggestion was a joke post.

OpenMaw

Honestly, you know what they could do is a riff on the Gibson draft of Alien III. It would require a semi-significant rewrite, but it would allow for a "B" line in the series without undoing Alien 3 or A:R.

USS Sulaco is found drifting through space, recovered, and taken to Anchorpoint. It apparently drifted through the UPP faction's territory.
Ship is deserted, signs of a fire, damage to major systems, and alien genetic material is recovered on board, and cultivated in the lab.

You could retain connections to Aliens in an Alien Isolation style. Have some kind of a log delivered via voice over from Hicks/Ripley. Since the script originally implied that UPP had similiar but less advanced tech (IE Soviet Union...In SPAAAACE) it would be a way to work in Working Joe type droids or something.

hfeldhaus

Cool fan art  :P

acrediblesource

Doesn't any one think that the whole installation would have been obliterated from such a blast so close to it?

I know Colonial Marines doesn't once detail what a thermal nuclear explosion means to anyone, but the fact that in Aliens they made it look like a massive detonation and NOT a powerplant melt down is abit strange. OTherwise if they stuck to Aliens, it would look worse that anything left by Fukashima and somewhere closer to the Trinity tests done in  New Mexico.

skhellter

Quote from: SM on Dec 30, 2017, 07:54:28 AM

As far as concept art goes it's on a level with Ward's Sheep-Alien, tbh.

Corporal Hicks

I don't think there's anything inherently bad about the concept of a bio-suit. Would just depend on execution.

SM

Quote from: skhellter on Dec 30, 2017, 05:47:28 PM
Quote from: SM on Dec 30, 2017, 07:54:28 AM

As far as concept art goes it's on a level with Ward's Sheep-Alien, tbh.

Wasn't that not meant to be literal?

D. Compton Ambrose

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: Russ on Dec 28, 2017, 12:01:05 PM

Quote from: D. Compton Ambrose on Dec 28, 2017, 11:58:19 AM
I'll have a teaser trailer mockup for the film up on Kickstarter and IndyGogo Monday...)

Wicked, can't wait!

I don't have the time to finish the mock-up before my power (likely) goes out again due to the weather, but here's a little something I decided to muster since I said I'd have something on new years (audio is a bit off and it still needs some more editing):

I really wanted to have a little bit more than this to show for working my knuckles to the bone on this but this sonofabitch motherf**king got damned snow and ice is  holding the threat of complete loss of power to my house and I'm contacting friends to see if anyone can pick up where I left off while I wait for this snow storm to weather down.

Quote from: OpenMaw on Dec 30, 2017, 11:08:29 AM
Honestly, you know what they could do is a riff on the Gibson draft of Alien III. It would require a semi-significant rewrite, but it would allow for a "B" line in the series without undoing Alien 3 or A:R.

USS Sulaco is found drifting through space, recovered, and taken to Anchorpoint. It apparently drifted through the UPP faction's territory.
Ship is deserted, signs of a fire, damage to major systems, and alien genetic material is recovered on board, and cultivated in the lab.

You could retain connections to Aliens in an Alien Isolation style. Have some kind of a log delivered via voice over from Hicks/Ripley. Since the script originally implied that UPP had similiar but less advanced tech (IE Soviet Union...In SPAAAACE) it would be a way to work in Working Joe type droids or something.

I like this concept. That could work, too. Honestly - I think the best route for another film would be as a Xeno-centric spinoff, since Scott has usurped the main story and made it about androids and AI, and also keeping a distance from Ripley and Hicks so as to not create too much of a distraction from the Xeno-centrality of it.

Corporal Hicks

I'm not seeing it myself but someone on Reddit mentioned that the artwork in the top left might be Alien.

ace3g

https://www.instagram.com/p/BokUzRiAXOt/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=13qipxdccek8o

QuoteRepost from @neillblomkamp who allowed us to play in his ALIEN5 universe. Happy he's letting you all see some of the design work we did. There's no doubt in my mind you would have loved what Neil had planned.
Project supervisor @h2.originals
This sculpt is by @monsterman03gmail along with @monstermania2017 and @ayumi.fx . Molds by @jon_k_miller with tech work by @saratheterra and Brian Clawson. @paulkomoda had a hand in other design/sculpt on A5 too. If I missed anybody's name, chime in!

whiterabbit

Oh look at that. He gave um another pair of arms. How adorable. Now he can pick you wallet while little mouth biting you to death.

irn

Blomkamp would be great to handle the visual effects but he needs to stay well clear of the story and direction.

proto leech

i would still be open to giving neill a chance, but im tired of the whole "muh hix n noot" thing. leave A3 alone, the time for those retcon dreams are 20 years too late and I doubt his movie would be better than A3.

The Old One

The Old One

I'd agree.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed