Alien³ 30th Anniversary 2022

Started by BlueMarsalis79, Mar 28, 2022, 08:48:52 AM

Will you be celebrating it in any fashion?

Yes and I expect something substantial from 20th Century Studios
4 (11.1%)
Yes and I expect nothing substantial from 20th Century Studios
20 (55.6%)
No and I expect something substantial from 20th Century Studios
2 (5.6%)
No and I expect nothing substantial from 20th Century Studios
10 (27.8%)
Maybe
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author
Alien³ 30th Anniversary 2022 (Read 12,747 times)

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 04, 2022, 05:51:28 AMIt's just the one on the Anthology. The one on the Quadrilogy is the edited version. :)

Thanks, but I'm looking to (ahem) "acquire" it.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: T Dog on Jun 04, 2022, 01:00:34 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 04, 2022, 05:51:28 AMIt's just the one on the Anthology. The one on the Quadrilogy is the edited version. :)

Thanks, but I'm looking to (ahem) "acquire" it.
In all fairness, you can get the full set second hand for under £10.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Always adored this movie, both versions actually. The nihilism is strong here. Almost apocalyptic. I love that.

Kradan

Kradan

Good

BlueMarsalis79

I find it funny that so many people take away nihilism from it when I actually take away the opposite.

Kradan

Kradan

Well, ending might be somewhat hopeful but otherwise Alien 3 has pretty bleak tone. There's a reason why many people remember it primarily for killing off two major characters in the opening credits

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah but to me that's exactly the point, stuff like car crashes happen and people will be awful, but life's still worth something in spite of all that.

judge death

judge death

Im laughing when I see comments on how many wanted to see Hicks, Newt and Ripley be one family and go on adventures together in the future and kick alien ass, on youtube. Im like okay, I see the point but will it be fun or even scary to watch when you know Newt, Hicks, Ripley is basicly unkillable and cant be harmed or will come out through it fine and as nothing happened? Like all those marvel heroes movies?

To me that would just make the alien movies utterly boring as its the horror, thriller and you cant be sure if even the main hero will survive or not, as the xenomorph is the true star of the movies, not the humans.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 12, 2019, 03:55:34 PMHell, they could have given each cryotube its own personal escape pod and written the story so that only Ripley's crashed on Fury while the others didn't.

No Hicks.  No Newt.  No pointless deaths.  Ripley gets her solo adventure.  Mission accomplished.

judge death

judge death

That I could live with as that would make a big effect on Newt and Hicks and questions if they would hang together or split and also make sure they arent invicible heroes.

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah but then they'd get disgusting spin-offs like Star Wars.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 09, 2022, 04:55:26 PMYeah but to me that's exactly the point, stuff like car crashes happen and people will be awful, but life's still worth something in spite of all that.

That's an incredible takeaway from that. And I love it.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 09, 2022, 05:22:09 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 12, 2019, 03:55:34 PMHell, they could have given each cryotube its own personal escape pod and written the story so that only Ripley's crashed on Fury while the others didn't.

No Hicks.  No Newt.  No pointless deaths.  Ripley gets her solo adventure.  Mission accomplished.

She could have just crashed all alone too. While I dislike Ward/Fasano's script, I do like them completing omitting any scenes of what caused the crash. I think that would have worked really well too.

Kradan

Kradan

Universe is a cold-hearted bitch. At least, so I'm told by Alien 3

Corporal Hicks

It is. And in general, that's something I actually really like about Alien. But Blue's not wrong. That is totally a valid takeaway from Alien 3, and something I'd never really thought much about, focusing on the unjustness of it all instead. Hell, even in Charybdis there's that light with Blue's actions.

BlueMarsalis79

@Corporal Hicks
Do we have access to that last draft by Rex Pickett btw?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed