Predator - Stalking Shadows by James A Moore

Started by felix, Sep 30, 2019, 03:14:27 AM

Author
Predator - Stalking Shadows by James A Moore (Read 22,875 times)

Katanu

The kindle edition was delivered to my device, will start reading it later tonight!

Stitch

Amazon update says I'll be getting my book on Sunday

Katanu

Spoiler

Started reading late yesterday, so just managed to finish the prologue and chapter 1. So far it ties really well with Predator 2, dealing with the aftermath of City Hunter's and Harrigan's confrontation, with the OWLF in LA trying to salvage something out of the mess that the operation was. Was not expecting Dutch to be in this, really nice to finally see him again and find out what happened to him after Predator.
So far so good!
[close]

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Stitch on May 16, 2020, 01:09:29 AM
Amazon update says I'll be getting my book on Sunday

Really? What country are you in brother?

Stitch

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 16, 2020, 02:45:40 PM
Quote from: Stitch on May 16, 2020, 01:09:29 AM
Amazon update says I'll be getting my book on Sunday

Really? What country are you in brother?
UK

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Stitch on May 16, 2020, 09:18:24 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 16, 2020, 02:45:40 PM
Quote from: Stitch on May 16, 2020, 01:09:29 AM
Amazon update says I'll be getting my book on Sunday

Really? What country are you in brother?
UK

Ah. Thanks.

I guess the US has to wait a bit longer.

Corporal Hicks

I've also got it on Kindle. It wasn't available on the 14th like claimed. Physical copies aren't up on any of the linked stores either, same on Amazon. I'm suffering through the ebook version until they're available. Only 2 and a bit chapters in so far, but enjoying it. It ties into the OWLF tapes so far which is nice to see.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 17, 2020, 07:37:43 AM
I've also got it on Kindle. It wasn't available on the 14th like claimed. Physical copies aren't up on any of the linked stores either, same on Amazon. I'm suffering through the ebook version until they're available. Only 2 and a bit chapters in so far, but enjoying it. It ties into the OWLF tapes so far which is nice to see.
How well does it tie into the short stories from "if It Bleeds"?

Corporal Hicks

It doesn't as of yet and honestly I'm not expecting it to.

Corporal Hicks

Actual print copies are up on Amazon. Ordered one last night, should be here tomorrow. Can't wait, I just hate this e-reading business.

HuDaFuK

Nice, I'll have to snag myself a copy.

Katanu

Katanu

#101
I actually enjoy reading on kindle. I always buy a physical copy for the collection, and prefer reading the real thing, but I don't mind reading an ebook. I live in Brazil and I have no idea when my copy will arrive, maybe next month, so kindle it'll be for now.

Stitch

I actually did receive my copy on the 17th, but haven't started it yet.

Katanu

While I'm really loving the book so far, there's one thing that kind of annoys me a little: The Predator's cloaking device working just fine in the rain. This was also a minor issue in Moore's last Predator book.

HuDaFuK

My copy should be arriving today!

Quote from: Katanu on May 20, 2020, 12:32:34 AMWhile I'm really loving the book so far, there's one thing that kind of annoys me a little: The Predator's cloaking device working just fine in the rain. This was also a minor issue in Moore's last Predator book.

Perhaps they've just upgraded it?

Come to think of it, are there any future-set stories where it's stated as being affected by water? I don't recall it ever being addressed in Forever Midnight, Flesh and Blood or the Rage War novels, but I could be wrong.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed