Forum/Website Bugs

Started by Darkness, Nov 14, 2006, 09:07:57 AM

Author
Forum/Website Bugs (Read 193,986 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Imageshack is obviously your problem. It's not as reliable as photobucket.

CanadianHero67

CanadianHero67

Quote from: Darkness on Dec 06, 2007, 09:18:10 PM
Imageshack is obviously your problem. It's not as reliable as photobucket.

Well my avatar was a request from Avatar Request so I didn't know what it was made from.

I noticed that when I go to Who's Online I saw myself and it said I was viewing AVP furoms when I am looking at who's online.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I keep on geting a Service Temporarily Unavailable page everytime i go on the fourms. It said "The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later".  I doubt it my computer because i restart this moring.

This there a way to fix it?

Der_Meister

Der_Meister

I have the same problem when clicking on a thread, but that gets fixed when I try again

CanadianHero67

CanadianHero67

I have that problem too.

Resurrection

Resurrection

Same here, but I just refresh the forums and they work fine..

dark113

dark113

php can be a pain in the !!!!! i tend to use a ready made forum when i set up one for a client

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I believe that if more and more people join and stay on at the same time, then we might be getting that "page unavilable" thing more often then we do, usually it has happened to me only twice (the release of the Red band trailer, and the five minute intro) the average amount of people i see is 50-70, usually for me the problem occurs at 120+. Just saying that this problem might occure far more times if the average amount of users online will be 120+ rather than 50-70.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 17, 2007, 07:43:53 AM
I believe that if more and more people join and stay on at the same time, then we might be getting that "page unavilable" thing more often then we do, usually it has happened to me only twice (the release of the Red band trailer, and the five minute intro) the average amount of people i see is 50-70, usually for me the problem occurs at 120+. Just saying that this problem might occure far more times if the average amount of users online will be 120+ rather than 50-70.

I was thinking the same thing as well. More the pepole who join the site, the site will star to slow down.

Resurrection

Resurrection

Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Dec 17, 2007, 06:12:29 PM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 17, 2007, 07:43:53 AM

I was thinking the same thing as well. More the pepole who join the site, the site will star to slow down.

Yes, that does happen with quite a bit of sites that I visit daily.  The admins have had to go to great lengths to keep the site going strongly.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

I just got the message coming into this thread. :-X

My one issue is how all of the buttons and graphics in general outside of the banner seem to turn into broken links as the activity increases. I understand the service issue, but wouldn't it just be slowdown experienced and not the images getting a red x?

Darkness

Darkness

I've already explained this before. It's a connections issue. There's 224 guests amd 194 members on the site. It's killing the site. If there was another way around this, I would have done so already. Changing hosts would be a lot more expensive and it would honestly take me weeks to actually move all the files and databases. All I can say is deal with it until after AvPR and by then, the traffic to this place will have gone down.

I'm already having to close the website just so you lot can visit the forum.

I am Mother

I am Mother

Quote from: Darkness on Sep 11, 2007, 04:39:25 PM
Quote from: Alien Freak on Sep 10, 2007, 07:32:16 PM
Hi, my friend freak (or The Invisible Hunter) can't log in. I'm wondering if his account was removed, or he was banned, or it's just a problem. Thanks in advance for you help.

Okay, firstly, yeah, I disabled his account. He was originally banned when he made those threads but I cleared out a lot of bans recently. Either way, he's not changed since then. If he's not going to write in proper sentences, there's no use him being here. He's also 13. You need to be 14 to register.

Quote from: johnny dangerously on Sep 10, 2007, 09:37:43 PM
Ultimate predator,  like lots of little stuff, cycle rates, calibers, and just little things here and there.   The hand guns in predator #1 are not talked about.  Mac had a desert eagle,  Dutch had a 1911. The hand gun descriptions in predator #2 are a little messed up, some 45s are said to be 9mm.  AK info is incorrect the caliber of the AKs is 7.62x39, it was listed as 7.62x51r witch no AK was ever chamberd for.  maybe in some gun smiths back room but nothing mass produced.   I could go on but like I said,  I really dont know if it matters. Please let me know if it dose not. Sorry I was not more specific with the 1st post Ultimate Predator.  I know that some of the members here at AvP are in the military they would probable know better than me what is wrong.  If Im wrong please let me know.   J.D.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Hey who put up the Snowman?  Looks good up there.  Great touch to the banner!

Darkness

Darkness

I did. It's the Christmas banner like I had last year.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed