The Evil Dead Thread

Started by Shasvre, Jul 12, 2011, 02:45:42 PM

Author
The Evil Dead Thread (Read 117,367 times)

he better at least have a cameo!

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Bjørn Martinsen on Jul 14, 2011, 07:38:02 PM
*sigh* another one of my favourite childhood films desecrated by a remake. You see this is why we can't have nice things.
So when you go back and watch the original Evil Dead, it's going to be broken? Everybody's copy is going to be broken?

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 15, 2011, 11:39:02 PM
*sigh* another one of my favourite childhood films desecrated by a remake. You see this is why we can't have nice things.
So when you go back and watch the original Evil Dead, it's going to be broken? Everybody's copy is going to be broken?

...you know what, it just ocurred to me that in a future in which the media is completely digitalized and stored in accounts rather than in physical space, that could happen.

how horrifying.

cmc

cmc

The best thing about the original 2 movies was the low budget effects, cheesy horror acting and sense of fun they had. Hollywood are going to strip it from these things and rape whats left like a bunch of possesed horny trees.

Bjørn Martinsen

Bjørn Martinsen

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 15, 2011, 11:39:02 PM

Of course not, but it won't mean this likely aweful remake won't exsist. I do see your point, I'm just tired of all these remakes and wish hollywood would have some new ideas is all.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The only issue with remakes that it feels like it destroys the original and over shadows it. I knew people in the 8th grade back in 2004 that did not knew that Dawn of the Dead '04 was a remake. I'm serious!

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

f**k this. I want Evil Dead IV.
More chainsaw demon slicing action from Campbell as directed by Rami.

jacc.90

jacc.90

Quote from: TheMonolith on Jul 17, 2011, 10:02:00 PM
f**k this. I want Evil Dead IV.
More chainsaw demon slicing action from Campbell as directed by Rami.
amen bro ... T.T

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

I honestly rather have another Evil Dead movie but a remake sounds ok with me they just better not F*ck it up

Darkbladepred2.0

Darkbladepred2.0

Quote from: Predator Queen on Jul 18, 2011, 01:42:03 AM
I honestly rather have another Evil Dead movie but a remake sounds ok with me they just better not F*ck it up

That's sort of like saying "Hey, take that hammer, and hit me as hard as you can right in the middle of the forehead.... it better not hurt though."

Signore Predatore

Signore Predatore

Awesome ;D am I the only one that doesn't seem mad at all.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: Darkbladepred2.0 on Jul 18, 2011, 03:58:46 AM
Quote from: Predator Queen on Jul 18, 2011, 01:42:03 AM

That's sort of like saying "Hey, take that hammer, and hit me as hard as you can right in the middle of the forehead.... it better not hurt though."
oh come on have a bit of faith.... dont be a bitch

Darkbladepred2.0

Darkbladepred2.0

What can I say? Having a director that isn't Raimi and the writer responsible for Jennifer's Body teaming up to make an Evil Dead remake without Bruce Campbell as Ash? That sounds like a recipe for fail. On top of that, they've flat out said they want to modernize it for a new audience, and we all know what that means. Sleek and CGI as opposed to gritty, dirty, practical effects.

Am I being too hard on the idea? Probably so. I can't help it, though.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Darkbladepred2.0 on Jul 18, 2011, 04:28:11 AM
What can I say? Having a director that isn't Raimi and the writer responsible for Jennifer's Body teaming up to make an Evil Dead remake without Bruce Campbell as Ash? That sounds like a recipe for fail. On top of that, they've flat out said they want to modernize it for a new audience, and we all know what that means. Sleek and CGI as opposed to gritty, dirty, practical effects.

Am I being too hard on the idea? Probably so. I can't help it, though.

Give this man a prize :) spot on  ;D

i guess you haven't seen drag me to hell, because that proves that Raimi is just as guilty of using sleek CGI as anyone, and jennifer's body is actually visually very gritty looking, and doesn't use a lof of CGI

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed