Aliens Epilogue

Started by friendlyskies, May 22, 2009, 05:53:21 PM

Author
Aliens Epilogue (Read 69,181 times)

friendlyskies

Hi

Dachande is right.

If you watch the second movie you will notice that there was different nose art on both of the dropships and that was within the same squad. The one they went down to LV426 in had the "Bugstomper" artwork and the one that they bring down on remote had the "Smartass" art on it.
I looked at it as something similar to the nose art you used to get on the old B52 bombers etc of ladies and what not and something that would be unique to each dropship. I wanted something on this one that would symbolise the fact that they are a British contingent and the Bull Dog seemed like a natual choice.

Cheers

Darren

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Posted over at Aliens collection.com a youtube link for a fanfilm trailer called  Aliens Epilogue.  

QuoteWanna know what REALLY happened after the events depicted in Aliens? Well we may have to wait until 2010 to get the full answer, but in the meantime, check out the trailer for Aliens Epilogue, an ambitious new fan film from members of The Aliens Legacy!

Has two famous faces in it  ;D cant wait to see this.

Burn the Floor

Burn the Floor

Looks awesome. Can't wait.

Vulhala

Vulhala

F*ck. Yes.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Fantastic. First fan film I've been excited about since seeing the AVP: Redemption Trailer.

Corporal Hicks

Trailer looks awesome! Can't wait to see more.  ;D

Purebreedalien

Looks epic! :o

Corporal Hicks

Just stickied this.

friendlyskies

Thanks for making this a Sticky Hicks. Much appreciated mate.

I'm off to DragonCon in Atlanta tomorrow :) and will hopefully be arranging the final shoot (or at least the penultimate one lol) whilst I'm there. Won't be filming in the U.S. though, can't quite afford that. Just happens that someone I need to speak to will be there also luckily.

Once I'm back I will be looking for someone to do some concept pieces for the film to enable the CGI to get underway. Mostly pics of the Dropship approaching Gateway, over the lab facility, that sort of thing. I will post a HELP WANTED thread in due course though. Be good to tap some of the talent that's out there on these boards.

Thanks for all the interest and the nice comments. Hope you will all enjoy this once it's completed.

Cheers

Darren

friendlyskies

Hi All

Sorry for the complete lack of updates on here.

We shot some footage back in September but due to some technical issues most of it was not usable (infact not even on the tape lol !!!) There are some photos of the shoot  here

http://friendly-skies.co.uk/aliensepilogue/Images/Shoot%20Photos/Galleries/NSC%20Sept%2009/index.html

I'm currently in the process of trying to scout out a final location for the vast majority of what is left to be filmed. I'm looking for somewhere in England, preferably no further North than Birmingham which has a lot of industrial looking/ sci-fi (if you will) corridors. Think Hadleys Hope in terms of width of and height of corridors but not as fabricated looking as that. It needs to blend with what we have already filmed. Brickwork walls are OK as long as there is machinery/ pipework etc which gives it the look we are after. We can always dress the sets up of course, which we will, but are limited on that by where we end up filming.

This is proving difficuilt, not so much finding somewhere but finding somewhere that is free to film in and that is located conveniently for everyone involved in the project.

We are aiming to film most of what is left around February next year and the final few scenes in the first half of the year.

The release date of Summer 2010 is now looking to be too optimistic but having thought about it we've decided that 2011 might be a nice time to release it anyway as it will give us plenty of time for the CG work and is also the 25th Anniversary of Aliens of course :)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Keep it up dude, you're doing fine and thanks for the update!

Corporal Hicks

You're photos make me happy in the pants.

friendlyskies

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 14, 2009, 06:16:30 PM
You're photos make me happy in the pants.

I'm happy that your happy mate :) ... if not somewhat disturbed at the same time ;) j/k

BUGZ

BUGZ

Hows the filming/editing getting on Darren? Very keen to see the final product mate!!

All the best,

Bri ;D

friendlyskies

Hey Brian

The website was down for a few week but is now back up at

Aliensepilogue.com

next shoot is scheduled for the end of Feb. Only one more day of filming to do after that. No idea when that will be yet though lol

Cheers

Darren

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed