Umm. This was problematic..

Started by Schrödinger, Oct 16, 2017, 04:56:35 PM

Author
Umm. This was problematic.. (Read 1,838 times)

Schrödinger

Schrödinger

(Notice the red bar around the name box given. I tried it in normal, all caps, all lower case, and so on. Also tried her full name, Ellen Louise Ripley, still a nogo.

https://imgur.com/a/2HUaV

So... Here is a list of WRONG (But technically correct) Answers for that character (That I also tried...)
Lieutenant First Class Ellen Louise Ripley
Lieutenant First Class Ripley Ellen L
Lieutenant First Class Ellen Ripley
Lieutenant First Class Ripley
1LT Ripley Ellen L
1LT Ellen Ripley
1LT Ellen L Ripley
1LT Ripley
Ellen Ripley
Ellen Louise Ripley
Ripley Ellen L
Ripley Ellen Louise

Finally, I decided to think like a handicap. "Ripley" It worked. But it was a major surprise....

May wanna streamline this. Wasted 10 Minutes until I realized the thing just wanted a dumbed down "Ripley" as the answer (Talk about character disrespect...). You know how to insert more than one answer and is correct right?? Need to hire a new Site Security Tech? I'll throw the money down for it for goodness sakes lol.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

It's a test designed to provoke an emotional response.

Schrödinger

Schrödinger

Oh look the question "What is this characters first name>" for " Picture of Dutch from Predator"

But when I put in the first name "Alan" it says it's wrong, now I can't even send messages to my friend on this site because it's all bugged out.

Major Alan "Dutch" Schaefer

None of the single words or name profiles are working... Does anyone want to give me a hint?

I made sure to check the name was correct.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 16, 2017, 05:01:47 PM

I doubt that. I'll go with "Our security tech was high as hell and made things confusing."

Darkness

Darkness

It's designed to keep the riff raff out.

Nah, most people wouldn't know the first name of the characters so it's kept simple. It's supposed to keep spam bots out but they still seem to figure out the correct answer.

Schrödinger

Schrödinger

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 16, 2017, 05:18:27 PM
It's designed to keep the riff raff out.

Nah, most people wouldn't know the first name of the characters so it's kept simple. It's supposed to keep spam bots out but they still seem to figure out the correct answer.

Hm, that is understandable. But what is the answer to the Dutch one for private messages? I'm trying to send a friend a message but I type in his first name (As the question asks) and it says it's wrong.

Darkness

Darkness

You're overthinking it. His first name wasn't even said in the film. It's just Dutch.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I like it.  Sounds like it keeps out pedantic OCD types.  :laugh:

SM

SM

It's not working.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The ones who fall through the cracks eventually make their way to your line of sight.

SM

SM

Like flies on a turd.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The welcoming committee, everyone.  :laugh:

Olde

Olde

Quote from: Schrödinger on Oct 16, 2017, 04:56:35 PM
https://imgur.com/a/2HUaV

The only thing that seems sketchy in your screenshot is the second tab in your browser.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 16, 2017, 05:01:47 PM

Heh. Best answer in this thread.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed