Alien: Phalanx by Scott Sigler

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 10, 2019, 12:59:28 PM

Author
Alien: Phalanx by Scott Sigler (Read 88,765 times)

j0nesy

j0nesy

Quote from: scottsigler on Jul 07, 2020, 03:29:21 PM
Holy crap, that's a review of PHALANX? Perhaps he didn't read to the end where
Spoiler
Ahiliyah has a child
[close]
. The religion on Ataegina is not Christianity, BTW.

haha it is!

thank you so much for adding this wonderful piece to the alien series. i'm a big fan of the alien rpg and i'd give an arm and a leg for a phalanx scenario, where you get to play a runner  ;D

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yes thank you Scott!

This is an excellent book, one we are lucky to have in this franchise. I've been a fan of this franchise for 30 years and Phalanx is now my favorite EU story. I thought The Cold Forge would stay my favorite alien novel but this has bumped it into 2nd place  :laugh:

Don't listen to reviews like that one on itunes, that person is obviously ignorant in the extreme.

P.s. Hopefully someday you write a sequel/prequel but I would love even a new story if you are writing it.

j0nesy

j0nesy

scott: if you're able to, i'd love to hear more about your mindset when writing zachariah, particularly his history

cannot agree enough that i want you to continue working in this universe!

scottsigler

Quote from: j0nesy on Jul 07, 2020, 08:51:20 PM
scott: if you're able to, i'd love to hear more about your mindset when writing zachariah, particularly his history

I have a whole history for Zachariah, and would love to do the story of how he came to be on Ataegina. That's probably not in the cards anytime soon, though, I've got projects stacked on projects.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Maybe in a few years  ;D

j0nesy

j0nesy

hopefully we can witness that come to fruition at some point

Miguel

Miguel

Quote from: scottsigler on Jul 07, 2020, 09:51:18 PM
Quote from: j0nesy on Jul 07, 2020, 08:51:20 PM

I have a whole history for Zachariah, and would love to do the story of how he came to be on Ataegina. That's probably not in the cards anytime soon, though, I've got projects stacked on projects.

Would be great! I really expect that story! ;D

Miguel

Miguel

Is setted anywhere...

Spoiler
around which time or year (Aliens, 2179, e.g.) the colony ship crash happens?
[close]

Perfect-Organism

So this book arrived in the mail.  Well, it is a page turner.

I like that it is under the Aliens imprint and not the Alien imprint.  I am just wondering why it is a bigger size than the other books.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Bought my Dad the book for Father's Day. He really enjoyed it and thought it was a fun take on the franchise.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Jul 16, 2020, 08:14:27 PM
Bought my Dad the book for Father's Day. He really enjoyed it and thought it was a fun take on the franchise.

This sounds so much as a comment someone would leave below YouTube video

I like it though

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

What can I say, my dad's the one who got me into the franchise's by showing me Alien and Predator when I was 9 (31 now). Plus he had all the comics which got me into the EU at the same time. So now I return the favor when new releases come out  :)

Perfect-Organism

That's really cool.

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 07, 2020, 03:46:43 PM
The fact that there are people chanting this "Get woke, go broke" mantra weirds me out so much. :-X

It tells me that goose-schtepping morons like [themshelves] should try reading books instead of bearning them!

Quote from: j0nesy on Jul 07, 2020, 10:13:07 PM
hopefully we can witness that come to fruition at some point

Oh mah gerd. I want this story to 'BE' soooo much, it almost hurts a little.Please, oh, sacred mouse, embrace this deviant world and let these stories livvve!

Perfect-Organism

So this arrived in the mail.  I'm actually rather enjoying it.

...and that means I'm leaving this thread until I finish the book.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed