Mechanics Needing To Be Changed

Started by Xenomorphine, Jan 21, 2010, 02:27:51 AM

Author
Mechanics Needing To Be Changed (Read 76,016 times)

firefly101

"words of wisdom loyd, words of wisdom" lol Its hard to take the crap though from both the love everything and hate everything crowd, we seem to get squished in the middle.

I was just playing Suvivor by myself and I was thinking how could they miss filling in the epty slots with AI buddies. Survivor is one that AI bots would work without a hitch, but the maps are awlful.

Imp Hunter

I've said it before, Rebellion need to watch how they handle avp2010.  If they neglect it now they have our money any future avp games made by them will be met with scepticism and caution. Its been 3 weeks now and the servers are no where near what a 3 week old games population should be which is indicative of a problem.

And what did we recently get? That's right, not a patch to address all the issues the community have, but a DLC map pack of more uninspired recycled levels.

This is just starting to stink of money grabbing...

Yes yes a business exists to make money but i want the god damn thing i paid for to work.

ScardyFox

Oh yes, very touchy wanting such utterly exuberant things as a complete game upon release, a MM system that isn't a complete joke, host migration, and maps that wern't designed by kindergarten'er scribbling on art paper with his crayolas after a mad apple juice sugar rush.

The list goes on -- such decadence! 

safetyman

Quote from: RidgeTop on Mar 09, 2010, 04:45:49 AM
Ugh... I get so sick of this shit

"f**k DLC! Fix the f**kING GAME! Here is my list of everything you need to fix If you want another cent!"

Rebellion has already stated that there will be a "settling in" period before they tweak anything major balance wise.  I'm sure they meant more than a few weeks.  This game is still selling strong and will be supported for some time to come by Rebellion.  There will be DLC, Patches and maybe tweaks as well.  Just because Rebellion isn't dropping everything to rush to the needs of a few whining fans, does not mean they have "abandoned" this game. 

If the game's current minor issues are such a game breaker to you then play other games until this one is patched to your satisfaction (doubtful as its pretty clear some here are incapable of satisfaction) or trade it in.  Its cool if you have some suggestions for Rebellion for future updates, but the lame drama "Oh! This game is going to Die! What is Rebellion thinking? I cant think of anyone who still plays this game!" Is really starting to get tiresome.

*end of rant*

I think very few here with intact mental facilities give a flying crap about the balance of the actual species. We're talking about coding.

Zephon

Quote from: safetyman on Mar 09, 2010, 10:30:56 AM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Mar 09, 2010, 04:45:49 AM
Ugh... I get so sick of this shit

"f**k DLC! Fix the f**kING GAME! Here is my list of everything you need to fix If you want another cent!"

Rebellion has already stated that there will be a "settling in" period before they tweak anything major balance wise.  I'm sure they meant more than a few weeks.  This game is still selling strong and will be supported for some time to come by Rebellion.  There will be DLC, Patches and maybe tweaks as well.  Just because Rebellion isn't dropping everything to rush to the needs of a few whining fans, does not mean they have "abandoned" this game. 

If the game's current minor issues are such a game breaker to you then play other games until this one is patched to your satisfaction (doubtful as its pretty clear some here are incapable of satisfaction) or trade it in.  Its cool if you have some suggestions for Rebellion for future updates, but the lame drama "Oh! This game is going to Die! What is Rebellion thinking? I cant think of anyone who still plays this game!" Is really starting to get tiresome.

*end of rant*

I think very few here with intact mental facilities give a flying crap about the balance of the actual species. We're talking about coding.

^ That!   Netcode, Netcode, Netcode, Netcode.

I miss the days when console games were just cartridges and the PC was superiour to all.
Then again I miss Magnum PI and Airwolf aswel. Maybe I'm just oldskool.  :P

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

QuoteI think very few here with intact mental facilities give a flying crap about the balance of the actual species. We're talking about coding.

So what are the complaints then? Map design? Matchmaking? I'm sure these things will be expanded/patched in the future. I for one am having no trouble finding matches of all types. 
And just because a game does not have modding tools should not be a mark against it.  Plenty of great games do not have mod support.

Quote from: AJL on Mar 09, 2010, 08:37:11 AM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Mar 09, 2010, 05:08:18 AM
Are you kidding? AVP has one of the most touchy fanbases I've ever seen...

Then you haven't seen many "fanbases"... As they (we) are always
the same... (There are always three types of fans...)

There are always those who are so blindly in love with the thing that
they simply will not see any of its flaws no matter how big and many
they maybe...

And then there are those who are past that... who have their eyes
open again... but who are in withdrawal due to their "recent" trip to
the clouded happy happy land which have left them with impossibly
high expectations... so they can see nothing but flaws...

And then there are those of us who have gone through both of
those phases long ago and learned not to hope for anything...

I would say also there are a few fans who like/dislike certain aspects of the franchise/s, yet are not nit picky and are willing to keep an open mind with new things.  Don't get me wrong, AVP is not perfect, it has its flaws,  however overall I think its a well done game that is enjoyable and good for the franchise. In my opinion much of the bashing I've seen here is unwarranted. 

Atrox

Compareing this to CODMW2 is absolutely valid because both are FPS and COD has a phenominal match making system. The system is the only real comparison I make and sad to say but COD is leading out in that category.

That being said, denying that this game has awesome potential is living in denial. I never played the old ones but I fail to see how this could be so piss poor in comparison.

The game is new and will need time to tweak. Every game, especialy the first in teh series needs adjustment. Look at somthing like Assasins Creed. The first one had wonderful aspects but had plenty of horrible ones that took away from the experince. Round 2 they made one hell of a game and one of the best Ive ever played. I do hope they start working on THIS GAME and not wait for another installment however.

The fanbase has a right to bitch but calling the game worthless and denying its potential seems childish to me. Trust me, I hate all the god damn Predators running around rape stomping everyone as much as the next person. I hate that the open maps pretty much negate any Alien stealth ability. I hate that the manual transistion somtimes works on its own, other times dosent when it should and I really hate the match making mess thats going on but with all of that hate I still have more fin running around as an Alien, jumping around from wal to wal then I ever did on COD which is pretty much the industry lead in FPS and honestly I think that says alot.

The game sold a shit load of copies and I hope that will be enough to have the developers/sega invest more time and money into tweaking the broken aspects of the game. If they do I have no doubts this game will shine.Maybe I'm just too optimistic but I'll retain my faith until it becomes apparent that Rebellion washed their hands with it. God I hope my oppitimism dosernt come back and bite me in the ass...

Barminator89BE

they realy need to do something about the disk.....

Barminator89BE

i turn it off

The Replacement

Quote from: JUPITER-8 on Mar 08, 2010, 11:36:03 PM
I'm still having loads of fun, by the way. Also, comparing CoD to AVP3 is like comparing apples to oranges.

One is your typical American action game (T.A.A.G.) with lovingly affording you a metric f^^k-ton of unrealistic Hollywood-style action and a fan base that competes with that of Jesus Christ. The other is a Science Fiction horror game that although isn't perfect, has only been out for less than a month.
Whats being out for less than a month got to do with anything? The game is half baked and weak. I tried so so hard to enjoy it, but it frikin lame. Pred hunt blows, standing around twidling your thumbs waiting for something to happen, infestation blows, standing around in a huddle waiting for something to happen. Domination is so generic it makes me almost vomit, species team deathmatch and survivor are the only half decent game types. And thats only if you don't factor in the lack of class based weapon sellect (for cripes sake, having to run around to pick up a weapon????), the lack of crouch, Ironsights and a whole aray of other features, such as a wide sellection fo weapons and gadgets, that one would expect to find in a REAL multiplayer game.
Look, just go and play MAG, then come back and play this game....you'll see what I mean.

i like the way the wall-walk is always on, however, in corridors, especially the small corridors in pyramid for example, i don't like the fact that it's too easy to touch a wall and suddenly be at 90 degrees to what you were. i think if the wallwalk were kept the same, but some unassigned button toggled "auto-transition" on and off, rather than having to do it in the options menu i would prefer it. it would be a simple fix, since the option is already there, and anyone that likes the current system would just never need to press the button

Inverse Effect

Im not playing this game anymore now.

Went on ranked. No one playing And this is in the afternoon. So the online is dead..

S.Y.L

Quote from: Zephon on Mar 09, 2010, 10:38:50 AM
I miss the days when console games were just cartridges and the PC was superiour to all.
Then again I miss Magnum PI and Airwolf aswel. Maybe I'm just oldskool.  :P

Airwolf > Blue Thunder.
i never worked out how Magnum managed to be a private investigator with such memorable and noticable facial hair. Selleck magic.

safetyman

Plenty of great games have no mod support yes, effectively taking away from their longevity. Lost potential isn't lost on the fans.  :-\

The norm isn't always a good reason to conform.

PLEXI

Yeah... I already sold my copy.  Kinda sucks since you really can't sell the game for close to retail price. Then I bought AVP Classic(Never had the chance to play it before) :D  IMHO this decade old game is far superior in terms of game play, I've had more fun in the first hour then I've had with my entire experience of AVP3.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed