Harry Dean Stanton passed away... :(

Started by Munkeywrench, Sep 15, 2017, 10:56:50 PM

Author
Harry Dean Stanton passed away... :( (Read 16,388 times)

whiterabbit

Quote from: Rankles75 on Sep 16, 2017, 01:39:15 PM
Quote from: Richman678 on Sep 16, 2017, 01:15:52 PM
Omg they are dying in the same order they died in the movie....someone email Tom Skerrit to watch himself.

Or maybe Ian Holm? Depends if we're taking the deleted cocoon scene into consideration...
Wow. Now that would be a twist. As if God himself is chiming in on which is really the better cut of Alien.

Adam802

f**k.  We're getting to the point where we've started losing people.  Appreciate everyone now before theyre gone

Perfect-Organism

RIP Harry Dean Stanton, the star of the Avengers.. :'(

Stolen

RIP Brett  :(

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

RIP Brett ol' buddy.

Hope you can now finally get that bonus situation sorted.

dinosauriac

dinosauriac

Brett was always one of my favourite characters. Harry Dean Stanton always seemed so wonderfully naturalistic in whatever he was in, but always brought just a hint of an oddball quality. Dude was perfect for Alien.

If anyone's interested, No Small Parts did a pretty interesting biography on him...

Engineer

Sad day. He was one of my favorite characters in the first film...

Hellseeker

Hellseeker

Rest in peace sir...

Elmazalman

Quote from: RidgeTop on Sep 16, 2017, 07:35:51 AM
Here is the trailer for his upcoming film "Lucky."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KLLkj84GAo&t=
It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up winning an Oscar posthumously for this role. Nice to see (for ALIEN fans) him sharing scenes with Tom Skerritt one last time.

Huggs

Huggs

91 years; a solid run. So many of the people involved in these wonderful films are passing away. The end of a generation I suppose. He was a fine actor, and fantastic in Alien. May he rest in peace.

ScrapBrain

I've spotted him throughout films over the years but other than Alien I don't recall seeing any of his other great performances. Brett was always a favourite of mine because of Stanton's dead pan performance. I've even occasionally caught myself using his trademark "Riiight" during conversations.

Spent some of today reading more about him to get a better picture of him. Hopefully the black void is everything he wanted it to be.

Thanks for an incredible performance in my favourite film, Mr. Stanton. I'll be sure to check out your other work.

Gruyères

Right.

Ash 937

He is the reason that Parker's death was so appealing to me.  Ever since Parker told him to go get Jones, I loathed Parker for taking advantage of Brett's good nature.  Sure, there was some redemption when Parker rescued Ripley from Ash but Brett was, by far, my favorite character and so I never completely forgave Parker.

RIP Harry. 

"You still with us, Brett?" will take on a whole new meaning next time I see you in Alien.
:(

Scorpio

Brett let go of the cat, so it was his fault that they might pick the cat up on the tracker again.  And he volunteered anyway.

BigDaddyJohn

RIP.

He had a great career and a long life, farewell dude.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed