Sigourney Weaver: 'Let Ripley Rest'

Started by Darkness, Apr 19, 2008, 06:05:10 PM

Author
Sigourney Weaver: 'Let Ripley Rest' (Read 21,187 times)

crypto84

Even if AVP was not made there still wouldn't be an Alien 5 case she wants like a billion dollars to be in it and Fox being too scarred to make a movie without her will pay that. I think we should get another actress to play Ripley cause as much as I'm a fan of Sigourney and how much I love he way she plays the character she is too old to play Ripley.

YautjaFan

YautjaFan

i think Sigourney should make a SHORT appearance on the movie. Maybe not one with so much action. Maybe an informer or something. Predator + western just doesnt sound right. A desert reminds me of AVP: Prey.

ZEN

ZEN

@ YautjaFan  Ya a western does sound weird,but I do have AVP:Prey and its awesome!   ;D  .

Sulaco

Sulaco

cryto: No way, nothing pisses me off more then changing actors to play old characters. I say get Ron Pearlman in there or any survivors from previous installments. Peace Zen

Sulaco

Sulaco

Well the timeline wouldnt work, so any surviors from AR for A5 with Ripley cameo???

YautjaFan

YautjaFan

I need to study the timeline more...but Yautja ROCK!  ZEN: PREY ROCKS! But, explain to me why Hunter's Planet and War are confuzzled. Like, Hunter's War took place after War, but War is explaining things more clearly? Gir! It makes me angry because the beginning of Hunter's War is in War and in War Machiko killed Topknot (or Shorty....I think...or both)

spinner7478

Sorry, but I don't agree with her, or this article.  If a Alien 5 is ever made, the LAST THING I want is for Sigourney Weaver to be in it.  As far as I'm concerned, the studio's obsession with putting her in parts 3 & 4 is what killed the franchise.  These movies were not about her...they were about the creatures.  Coming up with a ridiculous cloning story just to bring back her character (and then make a BAD movie at that) is what destroyed the Alien franchise...not the AVP movies.

DaddyD302

Well I would like to see A5 but it has to go in a different direction without Weaver. The Aliens franchise needs a reboot, like Batman begins with a different crew and director. As for the preds being heroes? Are you kidding me? Is this the first time you guys ever seen a predator in action? They will kill anything that gets in their way. If they spare you, it means you're not worthy for them to fight. You get in their way, they will kill you, threat or not. Wolf was there for one reason and one reason only, to clean up the mess the other predators left behind. Anyone who got in his way simply died.  He was there to get rid of the aliens first, and any human witnesses afterwards.   Semaka, Broken Tusk didn't protect the doctor, he simply repaid the favor because she saved his life. Would it be honorable to let one of the preds kill the person who saved you??? As for him teaming with Machiko at the end, it's very simple, he sees the warrior in her, and thinks she's worthy to wear his clan's emblem. She did kick ass, and showed him she was worthy. Anderson simply tried his best to copy the ending of AvP the comic, and failed.

ZEN

ZEN

@YautjaFan  She killed shorty (not topknot),but i have a theory:She thought she killed him,but he just passed out,thats why he was in the other book   ;D  .Makes sense to me anyways   ;D     ;D  .

YautjaFan

YautjaFan

Daddy: I think Dachande did protect the doctor to a certain extent. I'd have to think that by repaying her for saving him and killing the bad blood is saving her!

YautjaFan

YautjaFan

ZEN: I thought she killed Shorty with her android's help in Hunter's Planet...but that was probably War.

YautjaFan

YautjaFan

Is it important that I read Concrete Jungle before Cold War? Or does it do nothing if I read the former after.

monkeyracer66

read it in order

ZEN

ZEN

@YautjaFan  Its weird how they released the books out of order,but WAR came before HUNTERS PLANET,but after PREY.Also,its best to read COLD WAR after CONCRETE JUNGLE being since it takes place 6 months after P:CJ   ;)     ;D  .

fu manchu

fu manchu

I would so like to see an Alien 5 with Weaver, and don't really need Ridley scott, might as well go with a different director to follow the tradition of the Alien movies, a different director with each new movie, also Ridley Scott has like 5 movies he is going to be doing, so he would not have time to do Alien 5.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed