New Members >>> Introduce Yourself

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:01:10 AM

Author
New Members >>> Introduce Yourself (Read 1,256,056 times)

Corporal Hicks

Welcome to the boards Goose! Always a pleasure to know folk are actually listening to the podcast! lol Glad it helped you find us. Please make sure to check out our forum rules, and I look forward to seeing you get stuck in. :) Any questions, feel free to get in touch.

XenoGoose

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 27, 2021, 08:04:37 AM
Welcome to the boards Goose! Always a pleasure to know folk are actually listening to the podcast! lol Glad it helped you find us. Please make sure to check out our forum rules, and I look forward to seeing you get stuck in. :) Any questions, feel free to get in touch.
Thank you for the warm welcome and the podcast definitely makes my nights at work wayyy better! I looked over the rules and I'm happy to be here!

SarahMShortcake

Hi! I'm Sarah, nick name Shortcake.. Love alien, freaking ADORE PREDATOR!!! Yautja fo life!!.. so much so I'm marrying a 6'5"er with practically the same ethics.. also into general scifi. Started getting back into the fandom a while back. Just wishing I could find a half descent fanfic out there that wasn't all about "damsel in distress meets big hero!!!" ... Gross!! .. anywho.. ama if you feel like it! Sooooo glad I found this forum!!! :D

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SarahMShortcake on Sep 27, 2021, 12:16:08 PM
Hi! I'm Sarah, nick name Shortcake.. Love alien, freaking ADORE PREDATOR!!! Yautja fo life!!.. so much so I'm marrying a 6'5"er with practically the same ethics.. also into general scifi. Started getting back into the fandom a while back. Just wishing I could find a half descent fanfic out there that wasn't all about "damsel in distress meets big hero!!!" ... Gross!! .. anywho.. ama if you feel like it! Sooooo glad I found this forum!!! :D

Yeah, some of the fan fiction out there is um... interesting?  :laugh:

Welcome aboard, Sarah!

BlueXeno

BlueXeno

Hey everyone! I'm BlueXeno :) I absolutely love Alien and Predaor. I like Alien a bit more, but Predator is a close second! Also really big in to Godzilla as well. Really glad i can connect with other fans, don't be afraid to reach out!

Master Chief

Welcome aboard, new recruits!  Enjoy the Galaxy!

Please be sure to check out the Forum Rules / Help FAQ.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: XenoGoose on Sep 27, 2021, 07:49:42 AM
Thank you! It bothers me the hate it gets. I told my brother that if somebody had a really bad stomach virus with a very high fever and watched the first three Alien movies in a row they would dream Alien Resurrection hahaha

Its actually a fun movie. What I like about the Alien franchise is each movie feels unique in style.

[cancerblack]

Thank you! It bothers me the hate it gets. I told my brother that if somebody had a really bad stomach virus with a very high fever and watched the first three Alien movies in a row they would dream Alien Resurrection hahaha

Pretty much haha. Have you seen any other Jeunet films? It's not a seamless fit with the Trilogy but makes perfect sense with the rest of his work. And even though I'm mostly here for the Giger monsters and the Rez creature design strays furthest from that, I think it's as beautiful as the franchise gets at points, and has a bit of less obvious Giger mixed into the sets that tickles me just right.

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Oct 08, 2021, 10:39:56 AM
Its actually a fun movie. What I like about the Alien franchise is each movie feels unique in style.

One of the few things I'll admit to being less than satisfied with in regard to the prequels is that they're both (and hopefully one more) all very Ridley, even if his tangents are pretty far from one another in this case.

jorel04

jorel04

Quote from: SarahMShortcake on Sep 27, 2021, 12:16:08 PM

Welcome Shortcake!  I'm Jordan (or Ginger, whichever you prefer).  I came here to first get information for a novel I'm writing and, just like the Predator & Alien mythos, I got hooked.  LOL. Welcome to the war!

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 11, 2021, 08:18:33 AM

Pretty much haha. Have you seen any other Jeunet films? It's not a seamless fit with the Trilogy but makes perfect sense with the rest of his work. And even though I'm mostly here for the Giger monsters and the Rez creature design strays furthest from that, I think it's as beautiful as the franchise gets at points, and has a bit of less obvious Giger mixed into the sets that tickles me just right.

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Oct 08, 2021, 10:39:56 AM

One of the few things I'll admit to being less than satisfied with in regard to the prequels is that they're both (and hopefully one more) all very Ridley, even if his tangents are pretty far from one another in this case.

True. Although Prometheus and Covenant feel very different in tone, storytelling, and style. Prometheus felt like an epic, that Scott wanted you to feel the eonder of discovery, like "boldy going where no one had gone before," whereas Covenant feels more like Dr. Faust in the future.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Hi, i'm new here, I was introduced to this franchise as a young age that was... AvPR , I was 6 I didn't know quality at the time, ever since then I wash the entire series and I got to say Xenomorph are pretty much the best things that came out of Sci fi genre. I've been so fascinated by the design and unique life cycle. My favorite video game is Alien: Isolation did you how they made the Xenomorph scary again, I know they have their moments but recently time they have been treated as canon foder and take the horrors of a Xenomorph away since they can get easily killed so having a tables turn where you basically can't do nothing against the Xenomorph is a Nice change of pace.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Oct 19, 2021, 03:37:11 PM
Hi, i'm new here, I was introduced to disfranchise as a young age that was... AvPR , I was 6 ...

Ooh, what a rough childhood you must've had !  :D

Also. if you were 6 years old when AvPR came out that means we're about the same age. Always great to have some fresh blood here. Cheers !  ;)

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 19, 2021, 04:24:31 PM
https://c.tenor.com/DSG9ZID25nsAAAAC/hello-there-general-kenobi.gif

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Oct 19, 2021, 03:37:11 PM
Hi, i'm new here, I was introduced to disfranchise as a young age that was... AvPR , I was 6 ...

Ooh, what a rough childhood you must've had !  :D

Also. if you were 6 years old when AvPR came out that means we're about the same age. Always great to have some fresh blood here. Cheers !  ;)
Oh you thought that was bad, well take a look at this, I used to think that A:CM was better Alien: Isolation... I still didn't know quality at the time, Thank God I grew out of it

Also Cheers 🍻

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Did I ever mention AvP-R ages like a fine wine?

And a official "Welcome aboard"  Thatguy2068!

Thatguy2068

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 19, 2021, 04:55:27 PM
Did I ever mention AvP-R ages like a fine wine?

And a official "Welcome aboard"  Thatguy2068!
Thanks Man very much appreciated

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed