Interview with Jeff VanderMeer

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 07, 2008, 10:53:31 PM

Author
Interview with Jeff VanderMeer (Read 6,163 times)

Corporal Hicks

I’d really like to apologize for this one. We’ve had it for a while but I was waiting until we got a little added extra before announcing it so I’m extremely sorry for the delay. However, onto the main attraction!

“But for me I really like ambiguous characters because they seem more real. I mean, we might not be gunrunners, but each one of us has made some dubious moral or ethical decisions. So when we respond to villains, we kind of are acknowledging that, yeah, we have a part of ourselves that's like that, too.”

Jeff VanderMeer is the author of the latest Predator novel, South Sea China. We talk about the usual stuff including the other comics, the translated version of South Sea China (of which we were given an exclusive copy of the cover) and I’ve even scored you all the entire first chapter of South Sea China! So be sure check out the interview.

Purebreedalien

Wow. I think I may pick this book up. The interview was great.

dachande89

dachande89

The book was really good. He tried a little new additions with the Predator, a collar weapon when placed around the neck of the victim causes the flesh to quickly vanish, leaving just the skeleton (didnt enjoy that too much) and the idea of a predator scratch carrying an unknown bacteria under it that infects a man with an alien disease (enjoyed this). The characters work well, the story is interesting, and the Predator was a well worn verteran of combat. Really phenomenal book.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

I've been hesitant whether or not i was going to pick this up, but now i think i will, this guy seems to know what he's talking about.  also, i got a thing for crocodiles. goddamn.

dachande89

dachande89

Yea the croc was pretty awesome in the story.

Commander Griker

whay croc? is there a Croc Alien

Corporal Hicks

No, lol, the Predator fights a Croc from what I've heard. I'm still waiting on my review copy. Desperately wanna read this.

Destroyer

Destroyer

I just finished reading this and it was one of the best, if not the best, Predator book I've read.  Characters were great, story was great and it was difficult to put down. I highly recommend this book.

Corporal Hicks

Really enjoyed the interview. Just wish my package would come through the post!  Did folk enjoy the preview?

Blaine

Blaine

Highly recommended book.  Probably the best one of the unfortunately all-too-limited Predator catalog.  Only a couple of things I wish were handled differently, but I don't want to spoil anything so I will leave it at that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed